Highlighted

Down payment on Device Payment Plan?

Jen16226

I am VERY sorry if this has been answered already, but I have looked and can NOT find an answer to this.

I realize that under the device payment plan, you can not pay more than the monthly amount to get the balance down faster, but are you able to make a down payment on the phone in order to have a smaller starting balance, thus making the monthly payments smaller?

Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Down payment on Device Payment Plan?

emerald_eyez
Novice

You can totally make a down payment at time of purchase.  Say the phone is $600 full retail and you put $200 down.  The remaining payments would adjust and break down the $400 remaining into the 24 payments instead.  It's a really easy way to get cheaper payments.

Jen16226

Thank you so much.

I was hoping this was the answer.

0 Likes

Isbrandiit95

What if I've already bought my phone and I got tax return money and wanna put some of it as a down payment to make monthly payments smaller can I still? 

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

@Isbrandiit95 wrote:

What if I've already bought my phone and I got tax return money and wanna put some of it as a down payment to make monthly payments smaller can I still? 

This would not help you out unless you simply want to pay off the phone in full with your tax return money. A "down payment" is something done at the point of purchase. If you have already purchased the phone, you can not make a "down payment". You can either pay off the phone in full or continue making payments as per your purchase agreement.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

You can only make a down payment at the time of purchase. Afterwards you are only able to pay the device off in full.

FranciscoP_VZW

0 Likes