Highlighted

Don't qualify for upgrade discount because I'm already a customer

Really bugs me that someone that has given Verizon $0 dollars gets a $300 discount, while I get told at the Verizon store that I don't qualify because I'm already a customer, which I've been for about ten years now. Guess that doesn't count for anything to them, so I'm considering going to Xfinity now. I've rarely used my upgrade option in the time I've been with Verizon and it doesn't seem fair to loyal customers that we're discriminated against. I get the idea of trying to gain new customers, but you shouldn't forget about the ones you already have or you might lose them. Before I leave (because I really like my service and Verizon customer service) but are there any promos coming up in the next few weeks for a loyal customer? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Don't qualify for upgrade discount because I'm already a customer

Expert

The promotions change all the time. Some are geared towards new customers and others towards existing customers. It is just a matter of understanding the qualifications and if you are eligible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We appreciate your years of service and certainly don't want to see you leave the Verizon family, JACRUP19. We are running several promotions for a $300 discount at this time. I want you to know that all customers qualify for this discount, it is not just for new customers. I apologize if it was presented to you in this way. However, a new line of service and a trade in is required in order to get the additional discount.

If you do not have a need for a new line, that is certainly understandable. Please keep in mind we do rotate our promotions throughout the year. We have offered alternate discounts that do not require a new line of service on several occasions. While we do not have promotion information ahead of time, I recommend checking back after this promotion ends for details on a new promotion. We have offered discounts on our devices with and without a trade in. Does this help clarify your concerns?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same issue, being a Verizon customer with three lines for over ten years . I am looking at switching to either AT&T or Sprint. I figure I can upgrade all three phones and still reduce my monthly cost. After two years I will then have the option to return to Verizon as I will qualify for their new customer promotions.

It is amazing that the carriers play this game with their good customers.

0 Likes