Highlighted

Does texting a Canadian cell phone from the U.S. cost extra?

Hello,

If I have unlimited texting, are texts to and from phones with canadian cell phone carriers covered while I am in the U.S.? I am a little confused because the international messaging page says this:

While travelling in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands, Text or Multimedia messages sent to or received from mobile numbers in those countries and Mexico are charged Domestic rates.

Messages sent to or received from mobile numbers with participating carriers in other countries are charged International Rates and will not be applied against any monthly messaging allowance*.

The first paragraph indicates that texts to and from the Canadian phones are considered domestic and would be covered by my unlimited texting. The second paragraph seems to imply international rates will apply. I would really appreciate if someone could clear this up for me.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Does texting a Canadian cell phone from the U.S. cost extra?

Novice

Hi! Texting to lines in Canada and Mexico is actually covered by your unlimited texting plan, so no worries on that. If you look under the "Shop" tab and click Plans it'll give you the option to look at the Canada/Mexico plans and on that page it says that text messaging is already covered.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Does texting a Canadian cell phone from the U.S. cost extra?

Novice

Hi! Texting to lines in Canada and Mexico is actually covered by your unlimited texting plan, so no worries on that. If you look under the "Shop" tab and click Plans it'll give you the option to look at the Canada/Mexico plans and on that page it says that text messaging is already covered.

View solution in original post

0 Likes