Highlighted

Does streaming music from my phone via Bluetooth to my car use data?

Like most, my car has bluetooth.  I have music downloaded onto my phone.  When I use bluetooth to stream my music from my phone through the car radio, am I using my data?  It appears I've used more data this month than usual, and a couple of times I was streaming from phone to car.  Anybody know the answer?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: When I stream music from my phone via bluetooth to my car (or even a speaker), does it use data?

Novice

if your using spotify or Pandora it can use a lot of data if your not careful about how you stream. If you have it downloaded to your phone then you don't have to worry.

A good way to test it out is to see if the music will still play even with your cellular data turned off. If it doesn't then you are using data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: When I stream music from my phone via bluetooth to my car (or even a speaker), does it use data?

Leader

As long as the music is on your phone there is no data involved.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Which phone model do you have? Which application are you using to play the music? Is it set to only use the downloaded music? What does the data usage counter on the phone itself say has used the data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

if your using spotify or Pandora it can use a lot of data if your not careful about how you stream. If you have it downloaded to your phone then you don't have to worry.

A good way to test it out is to see if the music will still play even with your cellular data turned off. If it doesn't then you are using data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes