Highlighted

Does good Customer Service still exist within Verizon?

Hello! A few weeks back, I went into local Corporate Store in Sarasota, FL to ask a few simple questions about my current plan and possible changes. There was a  long wait time and lack of interest in wanting to help resolve our issue. Manager Pawned us off to the 1-800 number...

Simply wanting to upgrade 2 Phone lines to iPhone 8 Plus, Trade in 2 iPhone 6 Plus, Transfer a existing iPhone 7 Plus, Purchase 1 New iPhone 7 Plus to upgrade unused Hum line and change 2 phone numbers. Received contradicting information in regards to fees for Hum disconnect and/or upgrade from 4 different Verizon Representatives thus far.

Spent 2+ hours on the phone tonight with a young lady who was very helpful until we tried to close the deal. She advised there would be a $100 charge to opt out of contract of Hum Service. Informed her that a Verizon Representative told me last week that I could opt out of the contract for $75, ride it out for $60 or upgrade to a new device at no charge. She placed me on hold several times trying to get approval to eliminate fee. After 1 hr and 45 minutes of working with her, I was was blind transferred (believe by mistake) to a different Representative whom I had to re-explain the whole situation.

As of now, there is still no resolve. Have been a Loyal Customer for approximately 20 years... Considering jumping ship to try a different Carrier as I am no longer happy with the Customer Service provided.

Labels (1)

Re: Does good Customer Service still exist within Verizon?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SMARTTECHCONSULT,

We're sorry to hear about your experience and the conflicting information received. We can confirm that the HUM would be a contract device and an Early Termination Fee would apply when discontinued prior to contract completion. The Early Termination Fee for the HUM starts at $175.00 and would decrease $5.00 for each completed month of the contract. For this reason, your Early Termination Fee may vary based on how much of the contract is completed. In any case, if the contract for this device is being discontinued prior to completion, you would be responsible for the Early Termination Fee. Only once until the contract has been completed would the Early Termination Fee no longer apply.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

That's incorrect information. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

Stores aren't customer service. Stores are full of sales reps.

You are describing a 1+hr phone call with the "simple" request.  Something simply would be a phone upgrade or two, this involves going through several windows on a slow system that is agonizing to deal with.

Agents are also supposed to be on the phone ideally 10 minutes or less. That agent trashed their stats to stick it out with you. That sounds like a panic transfer more than anything since agents get penalized harshly for disconnects. This literally can cost them hundreds of dollars of lost bonuses the more hits they take for things customers didn't need like tablets or HUMS -- lines store agents abuse commission fraud for.

My only suggestion is whenever it comes to servicing your account, say no to everything a sales rep says will lower your bill or it's something you need as some part of bundle that makes no sense. It's a load of something smelly that leaves you stuck with lines you don't need + an inflated bill.

Content edited as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Piscestg
Novice

glitchedpixel stated:

"My only suggestion is whenever it comes to servicing your account, say no to everything a pushy sales rep says will lower your bill or it's something you need as some part of bundle that makes no sense. It's a load of something smelly that leaves you stuck with lines you don't need + an inflated bill."

You hit this EXACTLY right! My wife's employer stopped supplying phones and complete payment for service. She is now given a $75 monthly allowance. I called to switch her number to my unlimited plan which has my phone and iPad. After an hour of talking and waiting I was hooked up with a fast talker who was instantly my buddy. I explained what I needed and he said he was going to "BITE THE BULLET" for me. What does that mean? He quoted me a monthly bill of ONLY $8 more to add her phone to my unlimited plan. I asked him three times to verify. He said yes each time. An hour later I received the verification email from Verizon to see that my bill was going to increase by about $80!!! I had to call CS again and spend another hour plus to get her on her own plan which I'm getting an employee discount. What a shame.

Verizon has the best service in my area and when I travel. And for those who always mentioned the "loyalty" nonsense, I've been a customer since 1993. But I don't expect anything extra than a new customer other than to be treated with honesty. The few times I ever need to call Customer Service I just cringe. This type of shyster salesmanship is the same I receive when I need to call my cable/satellite company about my TV contract.

Piscestg
Novice

THIS IS AN ADD TO MY POST OF MAY 24th.

I have been with Verizon since 1993. My original post concerned the statements of some of the customer service reps on the phone. Several times over the years I have had to call back to correct the misinformation I was given or promised. I experienced this during my last plan change in February also. This is time consuming and aggravating. However I must say that Verizon has always had the best cellular service for my needs. No, it's not the lowest price but you usually get what you pay for.

An improvement in the accuracy of info passed on the phone by CS reps would be appreciated. Thanks.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Piscestg, we can’t thank you enough for sticking by us for the past 25 years! This truly means the world to us. You always deserve world-class support from us and we’re sorry to hear that you’ve had less than stellar experiences with us in the past. We value your feedback and we can assure you that we’re always striving to improve our customer service experience for you. May we ask if everything has been squared away with your wife’s account since she’s had to move to her own plan? Additionally, did you get everything you needed taken care of regarding your plan change in February? We’re always here for you and we don’t want to leave any stone unturned. If there’s anything that you need, please don’t hesitate to bring it to our attention.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

I have a full understanding of how Contracts Work. My frustration is the contradiction of information and decline in Customer Service received In Store and Online. Believe me, I get that I'm only a # and my frustration is the least of Verizon Wireless concerns. That is exactly why I am doing my due diligence to prior to selecting the New Carrier.

0 Likes

Piscestg
Novice

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Piscestg, we can’t thank you enough for sticking by us for the past 25 years! This truly means the world to us. You always deserve world-class support from us and we’re sorry to hear that you’ve had less than stellar experiences with us in the past. We value your feedback and we can assure you that we’re always striving to improve our customer service experience for you. May we ask if everything has been squared away with your wife’s account since she’s had to move to her own plan? Additionally, did you get everything you needed taken care of regarding your plan change in February? We’re always here for you and we don’t want to leave any stone unturned. If there’s anything that you need, please don’t hesitate to bring it to our attention.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

I'm sorry, I just saw this post from last week.

Yes, everything is fine now. But as I stated, I knew what the CS rep told me wasn't correct. There is no way I could add my wife's phone to my plan for only a few dollars more. And I asked him three times. I spent most of my evening on the phone to resolve the problem that he created.

Thank you.

0 Likes