Highlighted

Does anyone know if the Edge Up program is going away?

So, apparently you can upgrade when you've paid off a specific percentage of your phone (although it's different for different dates when device was purchased).   At any rate, I love new technology and I so like upgrading often.  If this program is fazing out, them I am freaking out!  I love getting a new phone every 6-9 months, or whenever a new phone comes out.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Does anyone know if the Edge Up program is going away?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

No problem, even though the program is gone, you can still buy on a device payment plan, then when you get to whatever percentage or balance due that you are comfortable with, you can pay off the phone, then sell it and buy another new phone every 6-9 months.  You actually save money doing this, since when you had to trade in your phone on Edge, you lost the money already invested.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Sr. Leader

No problem, even though the program is gone, you can still buy on a device payment plan, then when you get to whatever percentage or balance due that you are comfortable with, you can pay off the phone, then sell it and buy another new phone every 6-9 months.  You actually save money doing this, since when you had to trade in your phone on Edge, you lost the money already invested.

View solution in original post

Weth
Sr. Leader

Agree with Snn5

get to know Swappa.com, gldye.com, and gazelle.com

when you are ready for new phone, sell your used phone in mint or good condition, use that money for downpayment on anew phone and set up new paymenot plan.

No reason to freak out.  With the new system, you can actually get a new phone whenever you want.

It is as if it is not phased out, only better for you. 

Not applicable

Any Edge( now called Monthly Device Payments ) agreement entered into after May 30 2015 has to be paid off 100% before getting a new agreement. Too many issues with people turning in a device and still getting charged $300. Now if they would only stop Early Edge.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

What about warranty exchanges, trade-ins on promo, regular trade-ins, any other time a phone must be sent in in working condition or in warranty-eligible condition?  Those still have to be sent in in expected condition.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Excellent question. We have a even better answer. The Edge program is now simply called Device Payment Plan so it has not gone anywhere. It is new and improved.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Tennesseejohn

Not correct

0 Likes

Tennesseejohn

You made no sense to me.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Edge is now named Device Payment Plan. Same as Edge but you trade up at 100% now.  Basically it's a recycling program at that point.

0 Likes

Tennesseejohn

Maybe dumb: what does trade up at 100% mean?

0 Likes