Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Does anyone else feel like verizon could really care less when they have a complaint?
Kboi82

Ive only been a Verizon customer for about 7 months now and cant say im surprised by how little they care about customer service. They were "nice" enough to grant me a 800$ phone finance that i used to get an A50 worth 349$  While my credit is not great due to I just have never been one to spend money I dont have, I failed to realize by not just buying the phone outright I was paying almost 1200$ for the phone. Not in interest, but in the hyper inflated "unlimited " cost over the lifetime of the contract.  I usually have insurance, so when i signed up for the 6.99$ a month theft and unlimited screen replacement for 39$ (on selected, with limitations,  restrictions may apply) I figured at least in some way im protected. Upon needing to file a claim for a minor cracked screen I realized in reading the terms and agreements,  that literally any reason decided by them can be an exception for that offer. I was told that my screen could only be replaced if a tech was available in my area(that could come to my house, or a local shop during corona mind you) and if parts are immediately available. 100$ deductable offer was made for a brand new phone sent. Not a complete ripoff, but i realized that absolutely nobody would get a screen replacement for 39$, ever. Customer service is a joke. They claim the best coverage, best plans, when while its not the worst, it doesnt warrant the fees for service that it provides. Thought I was being offered a post pay phone, untill i received my first bill and i realized i was just deferring my "prepay" by a couple of days under the guise of their outrageously overcharge on a phone that could have bought outright for 100$ less direct from Samsung. In the end I hold myself responsible for not being an intelligent consumer. Dont fall victim to these shady "lawyer speak" contracts, shady salespeople, and quite frankly fraudulent and deceptive buisness practices. PS Not to mention the bloatware/spyware/updates that place unwanted apps including Facebook orca that is impossible to completely delete..

Re: Does anyone else feel like verizon could really care less when they have a complaint?
mfowelectro

you are certainly not alone!

the "customer service" & "support" services are staffed with arrogant wiseguy whose first, last & only function is to deflect customer concerns by any means possible.  if you look at some of the complaints about various apps you will notice the same complaints being made 10 years ago in some cases. the typical response is always "we're sorry you're having this problem" & "we are doing our best to correct/improve this situation" & "thank you for bringing this to our attention" ... garbage! if they were honest they would say "yeah, we know all about your complaint because we've ben getting it for 10 years so why don't you just go to heck and keep sending us your money ... ok chump?"

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone else feel like verizon could really care less when they have a complaint?
Tigerstep

Don't listen to marketing hype and always do your own research. For major carriers, the cost of a single line with unlimited data is roughly the same with each other. T-mobile's Magenta plan for 1 line is $70 with autopay, same price as Start Unlimited from Verizon with autopay.

You only get the "Get unlimited for only $40!" type pricing when you have a certain amount of lines or if you use a service that doesn't maintain its own network like Xfinity. (the prepaid scraps of the postpaid scraps from Verizon's towers)

It's dishonest factoring service pricing when factoring phone cost since they have nothing to do with each each. As for insurance coverage, it used to not even offer screen repair, it used to be replacements only. This is why it's subject to parts. They aren't going to keep a stock of budget phone parts like they would for higher end Galaxies and iPhones.

Next time buy an unlocked phone and prepaid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's sad to learn you feel this way. I'm sure you would not be happy if we said we didn't care. We do everything we can to help with third party applications but please understand we provide cellular and data service. Are you currently having an issue with data or cellular?

0 Likes