Highlighted

Does activating the personal hotspot on my phone use my data?

danpaul

DDo I pay extra to use my Personal Hotspot on my IPhone or is it covered by my usage

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Do I pay extra to use the Personal Hotspot on my phone or is it covered by my data usage

Community Manager
Community Manager

@danpaul

That’s great!  The Personal/Mobile Hotspot feature is included in the More Everything Plan at no additional charge.  And yes, the data usage from the hotspot will deduct from your plan allowance.  Please let me know should you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Do I pay extra to use the Personal Hotspot on my phone or is it covered by my data usage

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know we can solve this mystery. Most of the recent plans, the hotspot pulls from your plan data, just like using data directly on the phone itself. On some of the older plans though, there may be a data limit for the hotspot feature. Do you know which plan you are on?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

danpaul

My plan is More Every Tlk & Txt 3gb

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@danpaul

That’s great!  The Personal/Mobile Hotspot feature is included in the More Everything Plan at no additional charge.  And yes, the data usage from the hotspot will deduct from your plan allowance.  Please let me know should you have any further questions or concerns.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

danpaul

I have 3 gb of data how do I know what I use each day

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@danpaul

That’s a great question.  It’s important to be able to manage your data usage.

You can easily monitor your data usage from your phone by dialing #DATA or via your My Verizon Mobile application.  Check out these tools for monitoring your data usage here too: http://vz.to/1xccfxq.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Depending on your phone, you can view Data usage from wifi, and cellular, and set the dates to correspond to your billing cycle.  This way you know exactly where you stand, and how much data you are using.

Go to settings, then Data Usage, and check out the options for Wifi, cellular, and alerts you can set.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Mbanel1968, help is right here for you! I use my mobile hotspot all the time, so let's make sure you can as well. Have you ever been able to connect your mobile hotspot successfully? What plan exact plan are you on? Please tell us what happens when you try to connect a device to your mobile hotspot.  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes