Does a Mobile Hotspot use a lot of data?

ANDBUR24

Do Hotspot and Spotify use a lot of data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: does hotspot use a lot of data

gatorcb98

To be specific the hotspot doesn't use data, it's the devices you connect to the hotspot (typically your phone) that a generating the traffic that uses data.  If you are browsing the internet, it's probably not a bunch.  If you are watching movies, youtube, things with video/audio in general will consume data very quickly

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

gatorcb98

To be specific the hotspot doesn't use data, it's the devices you connect to the hotspot (typically your phone) that a generating the traffic that uses data.  If you are browsing the internet, it's probably not a bunch.  If you are watching movies, youtube, things with video/audio in general will consume data very quickly

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

ANDBUR24

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

That was super helpful, gatorcb98. Thanks for reaching out to your fellow community member. ANDBUR24, I also wanted to let you know about our data calculator at https://www.verizonwireless.com/data-calculator/ that can help to identify the average amount used by some of the most common types of services, such as streaming audio. Keep in mind that it is an estimate and the actual amount will vary based on a number of factors. But it’s a great place to start to get a good idea of what to expect.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes