Highlighted

Re: Do verizon employees even look at these?

Leader

You've already been told that Verizon will not do anything.

If you think that you won't get the same treatment at another carrier then maybe you should switch. Don't know it won't be the same.

If there are no replacement phones to be had there isn't anything that VZW not Asurion can do about that. You want them to make it appear out of thin air?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Regardless if you read my posts or not, I have the intention of getting a similar replacement for this phone.  Regardless if I am able to void manufacturer warranty by attempting to pry the thing apart or not to replace the relatively cheap backing plate, it doesn't make any sense to even attempt it.  Beyond that, I have been paying for the extra protection in case the phone is *lost, stolen, or damaged* that adds up to the value of the phone itself.  Then add on the deductible and you'll begin to see a picture of why it is bull crap to even need to bother with all of this, and then get treated like a flea that is a mere nuisance for even having an issue with one of their products...

The point of the post is to get Verizon Admin involved, because the customer service has placed themselves in a detached position from the issues. 

Thank you guys for the input.  However, I did cover all of that and in fact posted about it as well.  I am aware of the limited options and restrictions the Asurion insurance has due to their contract with Verizon.  This is why I made a profile and posted here.  None of that is acceptable, or even reasonable.  The ability to contact someone with any real decision making power is apparently a mythical creature with this company (doesn't exist).

I realize that this is a public forum, so post all you want.  The purpose and goal is to get in contact with a Verizon employee that can address the situation with authority and a bare minimum level of either customer service or just plain old business sense.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

SmokeScreen wrote:

I don't care about the deductible.  if worse comes to worse there are other carriers who will pay off my cancellation in order to get me what I am willing to pay for... 

Not with a broken phone they won't.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If Sony or authorized repair center replaces the broken piece, it does not void your warranty. I remain convinced that is your best and cheapest option. Your definition of decision making power is one that makes the decision you want. That may not (and likely won't happen). Asurion has a grid of equivalent phones, so they are giving you that option according to the definition. The fact it doesn't match your definition doesn't make it wrong. Get the phone fixed, drop the insurance and move on. You can certainly move on, but as stated, all the other companies require you to hand in your unbroken, working used phone to get the transfer money, so even that is not an option for you.

Highlighted

You won't get anywhere on here. A lot of posters are Verizon employees anyway and if they are telling you to pretty much get over it and take your business elsewhere, then you probably should. They are losing 7 individuals  that I personally know of including myself, and suspect it will continue to decline as service continues to be in the negative. I have no one particular complaint with Verizon other than the way customer service treats it's customers. I use to love Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

No Verizon employee will tell you to move to another carrier. On other customers who'd rather have someone have service they are happy with than not happy with. Also affecting a companies bottom line affects a company more than complaining while continuing to pay for service.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If the poster does not have _VZW after his or her screenname, they are not a Verizon employee. I am highly confident that is the case for at least the top 30 posters you see on here. I do agree though, the resolution the OP wants, is not going to happen on here.

Highlighted

Leader

For every 7, like you, that leave....14 sign up.

I, myself, am not employees by Verizon Wireless.

SmokeScreen, if Sony has stopped manufacturing the device and Verizon and Asurion have run out of them and there isn't one single solitary device left, how is that Verizon's fault? You chose to purchase one of the least popular devices on the market. Sony has tried, and failed, numerous times in the smartphone market. You purchased it. After they're gone what else can be done other than what was offered to you. You were NOT offered anything outside of the TOS you accepted at purchase. I don't get what you are trying to get out of all of this. You're not going to get higher than you have gotten. The people that you speak to are there for a reason. That is to tell you what your options are and fulfill the order based on your options. The decision was already made by the powers that be. The decision that they have made is represented by the options that you were given. While it stinks that you aren't able to get the exact replacement of your device, they are still trying to make you whole.

Highlighted

Explain "like you". I didn't address you personally so I expect the same.  You don't know me. If you are offended by my experiences then maybe this chat room isn't for you. Regardless of post numbers. Everyone has a right to post their questions and/or experiences without grief. Thanks for understanding.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

This isn't a chat room.  Everyone has a right to ask and complain, and everyone else has a right to answer and respond.  Believe me, there are many I'd rather not hear from here, but there's no stopping them from inputting their 2 cents.

0 Likes