Highlighted

Do verizon employees even look at these?

I have searched all over the discussion forums for "Where to file a complaint", and had more pages than I care to read about all the lies and what not customers have been subjected to.

What I didn't find was where I could actually leave a legitimate complaint about how poorly my online chat questions were handled.  Get ready for a big shock, the guy didn't know anything, nor did he care.  All I got was "you could buy a different phone at full retail price", and "we do not deal with what phones are stocked.  You should ask Asurion (the 3rd party insurance for broken/damaged phone replacement) what they have available".  He, Shelby, had just been explained to that I was on the phone with them right before I began the chat.  I was asking what VERIZON was going to do about replacing my phone now that it has been discontinued (Sony Xperia Z3v). 

Believe me, if I do not get in touch with someone who can straighten this out, it will cost them a customer (and a family plan) for life.  Making it impossible to get in touch with someone who cares about customer service is a really bad move.

What can be done?  This is my last straw.  Please help me find out what to do without wasting another hour or more of my time talking to ___________ people.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do verizon employees even look at these?

Community Manager
Community Manager
SmokeScreen,

We would like to start by apologizing that you have had to go thourgh all of this. It is not the experience we would want you to have. We do want to ensure you have a working device. What is going on with your Sony Xperia? Are you still in warranty or have nay extended coverage?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello ChristinaM,

I am a bit surprised, but in a good way!  The previous threads I looked through did not have a single reply from an actual Verizon representative.

To answer your questions:  Yes, I have both the manufacturer's warranty as well as the extended coverage plan for my phone.  I bought it with an Otterbox at the Verizon store I picked it up at.  Somehow, the back piece of glass shattered while it was in the case, and I only noticed when I took it out to clean the screens (maybe once a week or so). 

Having spoke with Asurion (extended coverage), and the above mentioned Verizon chat employee, Shelby, the end result is that there is no longer a Sony Xperia Z3v White for me to have replaced...  That is the phone I chose after much research, and I do enjoy it very much.  It still functions properly, however, I had a shard of glass pierce my finger when I took the phone out of the case.  That is how I found out it had been damaged.

I appreciate your reply, and hope that there is something we can agree on for a replacement if you are no longer going to support the mega corporation that is Sony in their smartphone endeavors. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

If you have insurance then you will pay a deductible for the broken phone. Asurion will replace your device with a the same device if they have it or a comparable model if they don't have it. You will first have to contact Asurion as physical damage does not get handled by Verizon. Asurion is a 3rd party company and no VZW employee has access to Asurion's on hand stock.

Your other choice it to see if you can get the broken piece replaced by a 3rd party like those repair places at the mall. Doing that will void your warranty.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply sprmankalel.  As mentioned in the 1st post, I spoke with Asurion and confirmed that they do not have the phone in stock, and will not be able to replace it.  The other phone they have as a comparable device is the HTC M9.  This is a completely different phone with a lot of the defining features of the Xperia Z3 missing from it's repertoire (such as 4K video, Sony connectivity with devices, etc.).  After that phone call, I went to Verizon with the only option given to me from Asurion if I was to be permitted with a different model phone.

I want what I paid for, and it was a substantial purchase.  Not only that, it would be standard business practice to provide what was promised.  It hasn't even been a year, and Sony was pulled from the list (maybe due to sales, I don't know).

I am not so stubborn and ignorant that I expect them to pull a magic phone out of who knows where and save the day... If the phone is discontinued, then fine.  Even Though it is not only Verizon that is no longer carrying Sony, that is who I chose this time around and will bear with this for as long as I can. I just want something that will be comparable on most, if not all levels.  The phone is great, it's expensive, and more capable than many with very few exceptions in my opinion...

The only places I am going for this issue are to Verizon (via this channel due to it is the only way left that hasn't failed miserably yet), and Asurion, which needs to have an authorization from the provider-Verizon- to permit any phone other than the HTC M9 to be used for a replacement.

I don't care about the deductible.  if worse comes to worse there are other carriers who will pay off my cancellation in order to get me what I am willing to pay for...  Not only the device, but the support necessary to operate on a functional level of communication in today's American society.  It is fast pace, and I am being anchored right now.  Unacceptable.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Have you tried contacting Sony to see if they can repair it?

Sony Xperia™ support – Contact us (United States)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Did you talk to more than one person at Asurion? Did you actually go through the process of filing a claim?

Cell Phone File Insurance Claim Total Mobile Protection | Verizon Wireless

From what I've seen, once the claim has been filed and accepted then you'd go through the process of finding out for certain they don't have any in stock, then you'd be given optional replacements in the event this turned out to be true.. I've seen this happen when someone filed a claim on a basic phone that was very out of date. They were told they could only have ONE certain phone, called Verizon and were given a small handful of options.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Asurion pulls from its own stock. Did you ask if there was another device that they could substitute? Sometimes they will work with a store that has a phone in stock and allow you to do an in-store claim but that is VERY rare.

Switching carriers will not be as fruitful as they all use Asurion so you'd have the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Still waiting Verizon...  Still waiting...

Yes I filed a claim and went through all the discussions with Asurion and Verizon prior to this post.

Yes, I contacted Sony and there is a replacement back that is the same glass replacement piece.

Switching carriers wouldn't solve all my problems, true, but at least I would be able to speak with a human who works for a company who cares.  Possibly would be able to get support for the phone they sold me as well. 

Just looking through the 'proper channels' as directed to do will put you in an endless loop of "we can't do anything, contact them" baloney. 

Tired of wasting time.  I'm just dealing with the finger slicing broken glass for now until they decide to do something.  Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

SO, why not get the glass replacement from Sony?