Highlighted

Do certain type of usage use more data than others?

Do certain type of usage use more data than others?  For example, if I view a particular website (like CNN) and just read content, does playing a video on the CNN site use more data than just browsing the site?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Data Usage

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, MARMUR40. I understand it's important to know how your data is being used so you can use your phone with confidence. Certain activities will use more data than others.

If you visited the CNN website 5 times a day for a full month you'd use 59MB of data. If you decided to watch a video (averaging 2 minutes) on the CNN every day, you'd use 350MB of data in a month.

You can check in more detail exactly how data is calculated here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/data-calculator/

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Video uses a lot more data then just browsing the website. And I mean a lot more.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, MARMUR40. I understand it's important to know how your data is being used so you can use your phone with confidence. Certain activities will use more data than others.

If you visited the CNN website 5 times a day for a full month you'd use 59MB of data. If you decided to watch a video (averaging 2 minutes) on the CNN every day, you'd use 350MB of data in a month.

You can check in more detail exactly how data is calculated here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/data-calculator/

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

And watching 30 minutes  of high definition YouTube video at 1080P a day for a month can consume 30 GB! (4.5 Mbps consume 2 GB per hour)

0 Likes