Do I use data while using a wi-fi device?

do I use data while using a wifi device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: do I use data while using a wifi device?

Sr. Leader

First of all, if a wifi device is accessing the internet, it is using "data". It may be "wifi data", but it is still "data". I assume you are wondering if it is using "cellular data".

That certainly depends on which wifi device, how you are using it and where you are getting the data for that wifi device.

For example, you are using a wifi tablet connected to a Verizon Jetpack: the tablet is using wifi data supplied by the Verizon Jetpack, however that wifi data being supplied to the tablet is actually cellular data the Jetpack is using. In this case, you are using "cellular data" even though the tablet is connected to the Jetpack via wifi. The Jetpack is consuming the cellular data and passing it on to the tablet.

If you have a home wifi router connected to a land based ISP that the tablet is connected to via wifi, then NO you are not using "cellular data".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

First of all, if a wifi device is accessing the internet, it is using "data". It may be "wifi data", but it is still "data". I assume you are wondering if it is using "cellular data".

That certainly depends on which wifi device, how you are using it and where you are getting the data for that wifi device.

For example, you are using a wifi tablet connected to a Verizon Jetpack: the tablet is using wifi data supplied by the Verizon Jetpack, however that wifi data being supplied to the tablet is actually cellular data the Jetpack is using. In this case, you are using "cellular data" even though the tablet is connected to the Jetpack via wifi. The Jetpack is consuming the cellular data and passing it on to the tablet.

If you have a home wifi router connected to a land based ISP that the tablet is connected to via wifi, then NO you are not using "cellular data".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks much for the wifi info.

Ron [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Covid19