Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Do I need to reconnect service to cancel my contract

I recently switched to sprint and have one member leftover on Verizon that I do not use. It has recently been suspended due to an unpaid bill. Do I need to reconnect service in order to cancel my contract officially or can I just leave it be since it's already suspended?  Will I be billed during the suspended period?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Do I need to reconnect service to cancel my contract

Sr. Leader

You'd need to pay any back owed bills and pay the ETF to avoid collections.  Even with a suspension the contract will either be pushed out the number of months you haven't paid or will stay the same contract end date.  In the end you still have to pay the for the non-payment and also the late fees, if any, plus the ETF based on the contract's end date.  I don't think you have to reconnect to cancel, that would add on a reconnect fee as well.  Best to call verizon and get the total sum and pay it quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Do I need to reconnect service to cancel my contract

Sr. Leader

You'd need to pay any back owed bills and pay the ETF to avoid collections.  Even with a suspension the contract will either be pushed out the number of months you haven't paid or will stay the same contract end date.  In the end you still have to pay the for the non-payment and also the late fees, if any, plus the ETF based on the contract's end date.  I don't think you have to reconnect to cancel, that would add on a reconnect fee as well.  Best to call verizon and get the total sum and pay it quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes