Do I need to pay off my iPhone from my carrier before switching to Verizon?

ldem344

For new customers coming to Verizon for Verizon Unlimited, would I need to pay off my iPhone 6 first from my carrier, before I could switch and get an iPhone 7 Plus, even if I only owe about $300 on it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: New Customer Question

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

ldem344 wrote:

For new customers coming to Verizon for Verizon Unlimited, would I need to pay off my iPhone 6 first from my carrier, before I could switch and get an iPhone 7 Plus, even if I only owe about $300 on it?

Purchasing a phone from Verizon has no restrictions about whether or not you owe on a device from another cellular provider. That is an agreement between you and the other provider and has no bearing on any agreements you may enter into with Verizon.

Your other carrier may require you to pay off your device when cancelling service, but it would not prevent you from purchasing a device from Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Verizon might not have a switch promotion running at the same time as their promotion for the Verizon Unlimited Plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

ldem344 wrote:

Purchasing a phone from Verizon has no restrictions about whether or not you owe on a device from another cellular provider. That is an agreement between you and the other provider and has no bearing on any agreements you may enter into with Verizon.

Your other carrier may require you to pay off your device when cancelling service, but it would not prevent you from purchasing a device from Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes