Highlighted

Do I have to call Verizon to drop a line?

Novice

We have 3 lines on our plan. It is called The Verizon Plan. One of them will soon be porting his number to another carrier. This will reduce our bill by $20. I've read that if you are going to drop a line off your plan, you're supposed to call Verizon first. Why?

If he ports his number out, our 3-line plan becomes two lines, and we would be charged accordingly, would we not? We are no longer under a contract. How would not calling Verizon impact me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Do I have to call Verizon to drop a line?

Expert

If they are planning to port the number to another carrier, DO NOT call Verizon Wireless first. The actual process of porting the number to another carrier will cancel the line for you. Since the line isn't under contract, you won't have an ETF to pay. If the line has an device purchase agreement associated with it, then you will be responsible for paying the remaining balance of the device payments in full on the next bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

If they are planning to port the number to another carrier, DO NOT call Verizon Wireless first. The actual process of porting the number to another carrier will cancel the line for you. Since the line isn't under contract, you won't have an ETF to pay. If the line has an device purchase agreement associated with it, then you will be responsible for paying the remaining balance of the device payments in full on the next bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If you're canceling a line, you have to contact Customer Service or visit your local Corporate VzW store to accomplish the task since you can't cancel a line via your My Verizon account.

If you're porting a line, you don't have to contact VzW since the line is canceled during the porting process.

Highlighted

Expert

What's that saying? Great minds think alike...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Thank you, Ann154 and tikibar1. The way you each described it was exactly my understanding, but  wanted to be sure first. Thanks again.

0 Likes