Do I get billed for checking voicemail when i am in England?

BARKEY24

Our son is in England, studying at a University there this year. We have added the plan/service where we would pay $10 per day if he uses data or needs to make an emergency phone call.  When he checks his voicemail, does that activate/start the $10/day charge?

Thanks for any info

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Do I get billed for checking voicemail when i am in England?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

If he uses cellular data or voice to do so, yes it will.

My daughter was studying abroad in Europe last year. I chose to go with a plan on Project Fi. Data was charged at the same rate as in the US. There was no charge for wifi calls. Yes, I had to purchase a phone but the total cost for her during her stay including the cost of the phone was less than it would have been to have her line on Verizon with an international plan for the time she was there. Monthly bill for her line while in Europe was ~$30. If your son uses Verizon's international plan just every other day, that is an extra $150 on top of their normal plan cost.

Ann154
Power User

I believe so, yes it will trigger it. Does his phone have wifi calling as an option?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

If he uses cellular data or voice to do so, yes it will.

My daughter was studying abroad in Europe last year. I chose to go with a plan on Project Fi. Data was charged at the same rate as in the US. There was no charge for wifi calls. Yes, I had to purchase a phone but the total cost for her during her stay including the cost of the phone was less than it would have been to have her line on Verizon with an international plan for the time she was there. Monthly bill for her line while in Europe was ~$30. If your son uses Verizon's international plan just every other day, that is an extra $150 on top of their normal plan cost.