Disney+ Sign-Up Nightmare

Cronogold

Last week, I made a simple error on my account that has become a technical nightmare. A bit of a backstory:

In August, Disney offered an amazing three year subscription to Disney+ for under $200. I took it, and it has been working great. On November 12, Verizon offered a free year of Disney+ and it went downhill from there. In my excitement to redeem the offer, I typed my e-mail wrong however I was still granted the free year under that wrong e-mail address. Essentially, I created a second account on accident.

Upon realizing my mistake, I attempted to contact Disney+ as I thought it was an account issue on their side. Three “three hour sessions” of waiting for LiveChat (after three hours, it disconnected due to inactivity). I attempted to call Disney+ support, but the number was unavailable. The morning of November 13, I was able to get a hold of tech support from Disney+, and due to it being a promotion from Verizon, I was told I had to go through Verizon support.

I called back on Nov 14th, and the Verizon technician took my information and her solution was to call Disney while keeping me on hold. This was around 10am, and I figured it wouldn’t take long. Around 12pm, I was still on hold and had to get back to my office. I explained the situation and she stated she would call me back around 5pm that afternoon. At 6pm that afternoon with no call back, I called Verizon tech support later that afternoon and I was on hold for about 45 minutes before it disconnected on me. I called back again and finally got a hold of a technician who took my information, but was ultimately clueless. He transferred me to Verizon’s “tech support” who attempted to help, but could also not find a solution. The tech support stated he would call back at 1pm on Friday, Nov. 15.

After no call back at 1pm, I am writing this to both Disney+ and Verizon tech support via forum channels, because I would at least like a solution rather than being bounced around. 

0 Likes

Re: Disney+ Sign-Up Nightmare

Community Manager
Community Manager

Cronogold,

We are concerned to learn that you have had such an ordeal with signing up for Disney+. Hearing that you have not received a call back is concerning but we want to help any way we can with this matter. Since the system let you continue with the registration under the wrong email address? Have you been able to log into the app with that address? The reason being is because you can change the associated email address right from the app. If you click the link here https://support.disney.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003117183-How-do-I-change-my-email-address- it will show you how you can update this. Please give this a try to see if it works for you.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes

Cronogold

Good afternoon! I've attempted to change my e-mail within the Disney+ account settings, and I receive the following error (and have been all week).

Error: Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later.

image.png

0 Likes

Cronogold

Good morning. Just checking to see if there has been any progress on this. Thanks!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Cronogold,

We certainly want all of our customers to be able to take advantage of this awesome promotion. I apologize that you've had some trouble trying to get your account set up. What I would recommend doing at this point is to reach out to Disney + support directly. You can reach them here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes

Cronogold

Just to reiterate from earlier in my complaint:

"Upon realizing my mistake, I attempted to contact Disney+ as I thought it was an account issue on their side. Three “three hour sessions” of waiting for LiveChat (after three hours, it disconnected due to inactivity). I attempted to call Disney+ support, but the number was unavailable. The morning of November 13, I was able to get a hold of tech support from Disney+, and due to it being a promotion from Verizon, I was told I had to go through Verizon support."

So, yes, I have contacted Disney+ support using the website. Also - for future reference, I e-mailed DisneyPlusHelp@disney.com which is hidden from their customer support site. Still no reply yet, but I'm expecting more of the above.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your efforts, Cronogold. I'm so sorry to see there was an issue with your set up for this extremely popular offer. 

Please clear the browser cache and cookies (the customer must be registered in My Verizon):

• iOS Device:

• Settings > Scroll to and tap Safari > Scroll to and tap Clear History and Website Data

• Android Device:

• Settings > Application manager > Select Disney+ app > Scroll to and tap Clear Cache

We understand your annual/multi-year subscription would be paused  during the promotion with us and you would not be billed until our promotion period of 1 year ends, but due to the incorrect email address being entered, it causes a different set of concerns that we need to look into. I will send a Private Message to get more details from you. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes

Cronogold

Thank you for the quick turn-around, but the issue isn't with the device. Essentially, there's a second account created on Disney+ which I don't intend to use that has the promotion applied to it. 

It's been over a week, and the solution should be simple:

If I were to delete the Disney+ account associated with the promotion, as well as cancel the promotion, Verizon should be able to either do backend billing or tech support to manually re-offer the promotion to my account. It would be up to me to ensure that I have the right information entered so as not to repeat the current problem. 

The concern I have is that upon cancelling/deleting that account, then Verizon can turn around and say I completed my terms of contract with the promotion. 

0 Likes

Amc78

following up to see if any resolution as I did this EXACT same thing and have been on the phone for 2 hours with no resolution....There should be an easy way to fix this.  I even read some different forums on reddit that folks have done this same thing too.  can't verfiy account due to email address i did a typo on doesn't exist.  I typed .con instead of .com.  set up another acct and have been billed for it but I thought it was just one account I was setting up.  can't verify my verizon promo deal because the email address doesn't exist....

HELP!!!

Cronogold

I haven't gotten a resolution, but I've came close. It's pretty much a Disney+ billing issue at this point, however every time I've used Disney+ support chat, it will eventually time out with no direct access to the tech you were previously working with. Despite giving my phone and e-mail information, I have yet to receive any reply back.

While I admit "losing" a free year is a bit of a disappointment, I'm thankful I was able to pick up the three year promo earlier this summer from Disney's D23 program. I may call back Disney+ support in the future, but I just considered this a defeat upon my error.

0 Likes