Highlighted

Disheartening

AASKEW331

I have not had any issues with Verizon up until recently. Lately it has been awful. I can't get any sort of actual help in the chat or phone for that matter. No one can do anything and no one wants to connect me to a supervisor who can help.

I've talked to a customer service agent twice now and made a payment arrangement and was assured that my service would not be interrupted as long as I made the payment on the scheduled date. Twice now that has not been the case.

My account was suspended prior to the payment date. I had to use the Chat option on the website because that was the only means I had. I get told that I was supposed to do a 'Promise to Pay' and not a Payment Arrangement and that they would fix the problem and my services would be restored. Two hours later my services had not been restored. This also happened on a weekend so of course there was next to no one that I could speak with. Finally after going back and forth, talking to multiple different people, and a long battle my services were finally restored after paying $50. Then I'm charged a $20 reinstating fee for each line.

Fast forward to today. I just made a payment and had a promise to pay scheduled as what I was told to do. I was assured this would not cause any issues. Then today my account was suspended again. I reached out via Chat (again as the only means I had) talked to someone. They set up a payment arrangement (not a promise to pay) and said my services would be restored within an hour. Two hours later still no services. I reach out via Chat again. They can't figure out why my services aren't working and advise for me to speak with someone in Financial services via a phone number. Well, I can't call since my account is suspended.

I attempt to make a phone call and get the automated system to make a payment or schedule to pay. I had to schedule the payment within 14 days which is 1 day before what the customer service agent scheduled my payment for. I was not told about the 14 day issue through customer service, fyi. So once I scheduled my payment within 14 days now suddenly my services are restored! WHY DIDN'T CUSTOMER SERVICE KNOW THIS?

On top of this now I'm being charged again a $20 reinstatement fee for each line! Why should I be charged a $20 reinstatement fee for each line when I'm constantly assured by customer service that my service would not be suspended then it is?! It's like they are suspending my service just to get the $20 reinstatement fee.

I'm trying to get caught up. I understand paying late puts me behind. But how can a person get caught up when they keep stacking on fees?! So now I have at least 2 sets of $20 reinstatement fees on my bill which comes to $120 additional dollars that I don't feel are justified given I was told my services would not be effected from the beginning!

I'm extremely disappointed with this entire situation. Once my account is caught up I'm tempted to shop around but I hate to given how great Verizon has been up to this point. But customer service is a joke and trying to find a way to even complain is next to impossible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Disheartening

Community Manager
Community Manager

AASKEW331,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with making a payment arrangement. It's important we always provide you with accurate information about your payment arrangement options and the activity on your account. I'm determined to provide you with the correct details you need so you can get caught up with your account balance. I hope by the end of our interaction, I'll restore your faith in us. Let's take a closer look into this issue. I have sent you a Private Message and I'll be able to assist you further. 

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

AASKEW331

The actual issue with my payment arrangements have been fixed. Once I scheduled my payment within the 14 days via the automated system my services were restored. My issue is being charged $20 per line for reinstatement when I was told two times that my services would not be interrupted and yet they were.

It's happened twice now so there's $120 worth of reinstatement fees on my bill that I don't feel are justified.

I can't get caught up if Verizon keeps suspending my services (after assuring me they would not) then charging me to get them reinstated.

0 Likes

OneSea0

Your mistake is playing softball with Verizon. When they hit you, hit them back ten times harder. If I were you, I would begin by filing multiple FCC complaints. Then notify your bank / credit card that Verizon has placed spurious charges on your account. Insist that they get your money back by issuing charge backs to Verizon for this nonsense. They have done NOTHING to earn your money. Remember that Verizon is run by very sick people who seem to revel in providing poor service and overcharging for it. Even if you don't get all of the money back, rest assured that you are raising awareness of their corruption and fraud.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

A good agent is willing to forgive reconnect fees, but there has to be personal responsibility too. The FCC isn't going to do jack if the root cause is someone not paying their bill on time. Tons of companies have policies for late payment. The FCC probably tosses all those complaints out daily.

0 Likes

AASKEW331

I did say that I realize my payments are an issue. What I have a problem with is customer service tells me that my payment arrangements are fine and my service will not be interrupted and yet they get interrupted anyway and then I'm charged more because of it. This is also after I made a payment and also a payment arrangement and yet my services were still suspended and I'm charged for the reinstatement fee. This is okay? I don't think so.

0 Likes

OneSea0

Verizon spends BILLIONS on marketing and advertising each year, while service in my area has deteriorated to the point of being virtually unusable and Verizon continues to increase rates and add on fees.

NO one should ever concern themselves with personal responsibility or ethics when dealing with Verizon. Such concepts are simply meaningless (if not laughable) to them.

0 Likes

missy4022000

there should be a cap on the reconnection fees!! verizon even charges a reconnection fee just to talk to financial dept. Their service may be cheap but all the hidden charges they hit you with multiple times a month and per device will bankrupt you!!!

0 Likes