Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Discounts to totally disabled individuals
JamesBixler

I am totally disabled, and depend on social security to survive! Having a cell phone and the ability to look up information is very important in so many ways! Does Verizon offer a special  rate for those who can not work and on a limited income.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Discounts to totally disabled individuals
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

zeromus126 - Your interest in our prepaid plans is appreciated. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. With prepaid services, there is no activation fee required. You simply pay the cost of your device (or no cost if providing owned equipment you already have) and for the monthly plan itself. Since we do not bill you when using prepaid services, you alone are responsible for ensuring the plan is refilled once a new month begins. You do have the option to setup a monthly Autopay schedule if wanting to ensure your usage starts over on time each month.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

No, aside from acquiring prepay service.

0 Likes
deloused

You would qualify for a free phone and services through the federal government's lifeline assistance program-

http://www.obamaphone.com/

zeromus126

I, too, am disabled and have a very limited income. I looked at the pre-paid plans and also Obamaphone. I had some questions for the community and/or Verizon Wireless. I currently have a smartphone. I assume that I would require a smartphone plan (vs. a basic plan) to continue use of my device. This segues into Obamaphone: are you able to keep an existing device or do they supply you with an issued device? Finally, and this has to do with my Verizon account, am I locked into a deal/plan that would negate me from changing plans and/or leaving Verizon for an Obamaphone provider? I'd appreciate feedback!@

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Zeromus, we certainly do not want to lose you as a customer. Our prepaid plans offer good pricing options including a $30.00 that data is not required. Take a look here: http://vz.to/1XFyUtW. Of course you can still use this over WIFI. In regards to keeping your device and using it with another provider or program that would be up to the provider or program.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zeromus126

The $30 smartphone plan does not satisfy my needs since it's wifi only. So, for a flat $45/month I would get 2 GB of data? There would be no transfer fees or one-time expenses?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

zeromus126 - Your interest in our prepaid plans is appreciated. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. With prepaid services, there is no activation fee required. You simply pay the cost of your device (or no cost if providing owned equipment you already have) and for the monthly plan itself. Since we do not bill you when using prepaid services, you alone are responsible for ensuring the plan is refilled once a new month begins. You do have the option to setup a monthly Autopay schedule if wanting to ensure your usage starts over on time each month.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
zeromus126

This is something I INDEED want to do. I am weary of any other fees as I have an extremely tight budget. The prepaid smartphone plan for $45 would suit me well as I only use about 800 MB/month and that plan is half of my current bill. I want to act on this ASAP - what's the procedure to move forward?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Zeromus126, I understand you wanting to get the ball rolling. Saving money is very important these days. Here's a bit more information for you > http://vz.to/1RjIWND   

You can go into any Verizon corporate store to start service or call prepaid at 888-294-6804.

You can go into any
MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Deme99

So, no discount to assist the disabled.  This is pathetic considering the fact that when my husband was able to work, Verizon got nearly $3,000 per year from us.  What greedy scumbags!!!

0 Likes