Highlighted

Disable Account Alerts

CB0373

How can I disable email and text alerts? 

According to the settings available under My Profile\Account Alerts, the *only* type of alerts that may be disabled entirely are the usage alerts.  It forces you to accept all other alerts to at least one email address or one phone number.  This includes marketing alerts - sales, new products, special offers and pricing, etc.  That's obnoxious.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Re: Disable Account Alerts

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let's look into this. What options do you currently have checked? What options are you looking to completely disable?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

G1XBHBYO9T02

I've repeatedly turned off the billing, payment and all marketing alerts via test message and they always show up enabled again after a day or so.  I chatted online with a service rep and the short version is they said they've turned off marketing alerts but the billing and payment alerts can only be turned on for e-mail but not text.  I asked them to raise this up the ladder to the web dev people, as either (1) there's a bug or (2) the behavior is intentional, so the webpage shouldn't indicate you can turn them off.

sprmankalel
Leader

Someone somewhere along the way got themselves into a tizzie because they didn't take responsibility for not knowing their bill amount and due date. Now, Verizon sends everyone a text when the bill is ready and due with the amount.

Ann154
Expert

LOL. That's similar to the conclusion I came to after suddenly started receiving emails stating the bill was almost due each month. At least I'm not getting text messages too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

kathy65793

I don't know if it was the way we setup the account in the first place but we have always gotten the email notification and have never had a text message about our bill. We do get the message about our data if it gets close to going over

0 Likes