Highlighted

Re: Desktop Message+ App Misses Text Messages

This is still an issue today on January 23, 2017. I have a Mac running OS Sierra, and a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone through Verizon. Not sure why the desktop version of the app won't refresh to get the latest incoming messages.

I ended up installing SMS for iChat from SMS for iChat – Android Texts in iMessage which seems to work well. The downside is that it costs money if you want more than 5 SMS messages to go through per day.

If Verizon could get the Message+ app to work properly, they would make a lot of us happy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I can send from Message+ and they get the message, but none of the responses come to Message+, only the phone. Really annoying. Why even put the program out there if it doesnt work.

Highlighted

I am having the same issue as well.  And just to be clear, it's not related to the many glitches that other people have been reporting with the new version of the app, because as somebody else in this thread had reported, I too have been having this problem since December.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android), as well as the web version of the messaging app.  The messages I can see on my phone vs. the ones I can see on the web app are very often out of synch.  To be clearer about the symptoms:

- There is no problem with receiving messages.  When I receive messages from somebody else, I can see them on both my phone and the web app. 

- When I send messages from my phone, those sent messages occasionally don't show up on the web app.

- When I send messages using the web app, those messages almost always fail to appear on my phone. 

This is pretty aggravating.

- Simon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey, Verizon Support, it has been six weeks since you responded to this thread.  The problem remains an issue.  Can somebody please fix it?'

- Simon

Highlighted

Hey Verizon, are you going to fix this?  Other people are still complaining about this same unresolved issue.  Here is another thread mentioning this in the past few days.  And there are other threads on this as well.

Message+ Sync has stopped on all devices as of 7-Oct

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Message+ App on the desktop version is still having the same exact problem described above.  Outgoing messages send just fine, but incoming messages are randomly missed.  It has been too long to not have fixed this!  VERIZON PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

Highlighted

Same issue still persists for me too, for over a year now.  Samsung S7, using Message+, both fully updated.  The apps on my PC and iPad miss messages that do appear on my phone.  I can't explain it, and so far no one from Verizon has been able to either....

Hopefully if we keep bringing it up, then Verizon will acknowledge the issue and resolve it. 

-ryan

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is still an issue for me.  I have tried using the Windows 10 app as well as the desktop app.  In either case, I can send text messages fine from either the app or my basic phone.  But when people reply to my texts, they only go to my phone......their responses never show up on my Windows 10 app or the desktop app, or even the web app.  Very bothersome!  It's been this way for months.  It HAD worked fine at one point.....can't recall exactly how long ago.

Please fix this, Verizon!

Highlighted

Still a problem as of today, 05/20/2019.  Desktop app failed to display any messages sent to me for SMS verification, but they arrived on my phone fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

brianjsw,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with receiving messages on your desktop app with Message+. Let's get to the bottom of this, I'm here to help. Is the desktop application updated? Have you tried to remove it and reinstall? 

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes