Highlighted

Re: Desktop Message+ App Misses Text Messages

I'm having a similar problem. I noticed, starting in the middle of Dec, that some texts from my phone are received by the other person but do not show up on the desktop or web app. One thing I've noticed is if I look at the message details on my phone, it has a UID 0, while all other messages have a 9 digit number. It also seems to happen only to msgs I send with a Carriage Return in the body, but not all the time.

When I logged in to the web app from a different system, I received a message to my phone from VZW Messaging letting me know of the new login access, but it does not appear on my desktop or web app. If I look at the msg details, it too has a UID 0, though it has no CR in the body of the text.

I am using a Samsung GS6 with Andriod 5.1.1. The msg+ app on my phone is 6.1.1. The desktop app is 1.0.17.0. My laptop has Windows 10 with the latest updates, and the same problem on my work laptop still running Win 7 SP1. I'm using Chrome browser ver 47.0.2526.106 m.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, any help would be really appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We appreciate you bringing your Messaging + concern to our attention hconstantzos. Rest assured as we are going to get to the bottom of this together. May I ask when did the missing texts issue start happening? Have you noticed a pattern with the missing texts? For example, are the missing texts from the same number? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

This problem started sometime around early December. Aside from the pattern

I already mentioned with the uid=0 and CR-LF in messages, the only other

thing I've seen is it might be the size of the message. If it is under 60

characters, it seems okay. Otherwise, I've seen the problem whether I'm

texting to iphones or android phones, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint service, day or

night.

Hector

Do you see yourself as a good person who sometimes makes mistakes, or a

flawed person who sometimes gets it right?

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying. We want to get this resolved. Do you have this issue when messaging people with the full 10 digits phone number?

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

To the best of my knowledge, that is the only way I can text

Hector

Do you see yourself as a good person who sometimes makes mistakes, or a

flawed person who sometimes gets it right?

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Highlighted

Having the exact same issue as - who has described it perfectly and included screenshots from various platforms.

Really concerning that vzw support keeps kicking the can and asking about platforms and time frames.

Even, "We're uplifiting this issue to our Messaging Plus Support team."

But no answers for four months.

It would be great to keep a web window or the app open - but I can't count on ALL incoming texts to show up.  Refreshing, syncing and cache clearing have no effect - some messages are just phantoms.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Wireless Customer Support ?????

0 Likes
Highlighted

It is concerning to see that this issue had been brought to Verizon's attention so long ago. I have had this problem immediately after I started using the desktop app. It is just about October 2016 and this is still going on. What is up with the "We're uplifiting this issue to our Messaging Plus Support team" line? That really sounds like a buzz phrase for trying to placate people. Meanwhile nothing has been solved in over a year... Really Verizon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have this same issue. I'm using Message+ on my MacBook Pro (OS X El Capitan) and my phone is Galaxy S7Edge.

I cannot figure out a pattern when this happens ... but it does seem to happen when I'm actively texting someone back and forth.

0 Likes
Highlighted

vzw_customer_support​ - nothing?? Comment??

0 Likes