Desktop Message+ App Misses Text Messages

waynegale

I use the desktop version of the Message+ app every day. I have a problem where sometimes I receive a text on my phone that does not appear in the desktop app.  This happens three or four times a day.  Sometimes more when I am texting heavily.  I use the Message+ app on my phone as well.  This problem happens on all three of my computers so I don't think it's a computer issue.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program both on my phone and on my computers.  I did that last night and the problem happened again this morning.  There's a sync option in the desktop app, and I've tried selecting that option several times when I receive a message on my phone that does not appear in the app.  After syncing the missed message does not appear, even though I get a balloon popup in the taskbar saying that messages synced successfully.  That message is gone forever in the desktop app and doesn't ever appear no matter what I do.  I can restart the computer, restart the app, re-sync, and none of that makes that particular message show up.  This seems like a programming glitch.  Please fix this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Desktop Message+ App Misses Text Messages

johnoke

Same behavior exists whether you use the web app, iphone or android versions. All miss several messages a day. This has been going on since I started using it. Quality Assurance please Verizon!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Johnoke, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We want you to be able to get all of your messages without any issues. What kind of computer are you using the web app on? How long have you been having these kind of issues? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

waynegale, thanks for this heads up! We're uplifiting this issue to our Messaging Plus Support team. Have you downloaded the latest desktop version to your computer? For more information and support fro Verizon Plus, click the link below:

http://vz.to/1Gi7uXO

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

waynegale

Lasina, thanks for reaching out to me by responding to this post.  I am using the latest version of the desktop app, downloaded and installed the day before I wrote my first post four days ago.  I still had this issue after installing that version.  The problem has happened to me several times since I wrote the original post.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

waynegale, you're very welcome. We're always here to help. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Delete all unwanted text messages on your device. Sync those changes to Message Plus. Power your device off/on and test the feature by sending and recieving a test message.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Are you using iMessages on an iPhone?  Are your senders using iMessage to send messages to you?  Those will not show up in Verizon's app - so if the primary phone you are syncing with is an iPhone, you need to turn OFF iMessages and use the Verizon app as the default.

0 Likes
Highlighted

waynegale

We are not talking about iMessages.  This has nothing to do with that.

0 Likes

Re: Re: Desktop Message+ App Misses Text Messages

waynegale

Hi, I've done all of those things and they did not help at all.  Please note that this is a problem across multiple devices and even on the Verizon Messages page on your website. I have no trouble sending and receiving texts most of the time, so testing by sending and receiving a message is not enough to verify that the problem has been resolved.

I'm not sure that you fully understand the problem.  Here's an example of a message that I received that was not shown on the desktop app.  See the middle message that was received on my phone, and compare to what was shown on Verizon Messages online, and on my desktop application.  This message at 11:38 AM today was received on my phone, but does not show up online with Verizon Messages, and does not show up on the desktop app.

On phone

2015-1109 12-03-29.jpg

On Verizon Messages (online)

2015-1109 12-07-04.jpg

On Desktop App

2015-1109 12-10-06.jpg

Delvin81

I am having the same exact issue. Everything was working fine until today across the desktop platform, the app on my tablet, and web messages online, now the only thing that they are showing are sent messages. The application on my phone works fine and shows all sent and received messages correctly, and like screenshots above, is the only place showing everything correctly.

0 Likes