Highlighted

Deferred payment????

I just noticed that last month I was charged for a deferred payment. I never asked for or received a deferred payment! I pay my bill monthly and suddenly my bill went up $45. I have been with Verizon for well over a decade and never had this happen. Are they trying to profit off of covid? I can’t keep paying for a service I don’t want, don’t need, and certainly can’t afford. I am so upset by this! 

Highlighted

Re: Deferred payment????

What does over a decade have to do with anything? Covid-19 wasn't around 10 years ago.

Call CS calmy, have them submit a deferral form and it will be fixed next bill cycle.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Jomo747 wrote:

I just noticed that last month I was charged for a deferred payment. I never asked for or received a deferred payment! I pay my bill monthly and suddenly my bill went up $45. I have been with Verizon for well over a decade and never had this happen. Are they trying to profit off of covid? I can’t keep paying for a service I don’t want, don’t need, and certainly can’t afford. I am so upset by this! 

When the offer to notify Verizon of being affected possibly Covid-19 was presented back in April or so, I 'checked the box', just in case I would be affected.  There was no notification of actually signing up for anything, but three months later the 'deferred payment' showed up on my bill.  I went back and checked my previous bills (auto pay) and found that my June bill had been 'deferred' and now I was paying it back in monthly chunks.   I was surprised because I thought the initial 'check box' was just a notification and NOT a request for any action.  I can fill out the form to cancel the deferred payment, but then the entire balance of the deferred June bill would be due.  

You might go back to your June bill and see if it was actually paid or not.  Mine was never presented to my auto pay Credit card as other monthly bills were.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same issue and it’s like I’m drowning in a pool of blockheads - been on the phone for hours, no one can help, the stores are barely open, one customer at a time, everyone is angry off ... I want my dang money back AND LEAVE THIS garbage COMPANY FOREVER 

Highlighted

Customer Support

Jomo747, we can understand how this may seem. It's also difficult to hear you would think such things. However, this is not a fee, or additional charge. In fact, 1 month of your billing was credited, to help offset any financial burden related to Covid-19. That month of charges was split in to 6 equal, monthly payments, that is added to your normal monthly costs. Customers who missed making their payment by the due date were automatically enrolled in this. Does this make sense? Also, I'd recommend allowing us to review your account. Not wanting? Not needing? We'd like to know more. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We certainly want to ensure your payment plan was set up correctly, Jetman22. We'd be happy to take a look at your account to check into the payments for you. Please send us a Private Message so we can continue to assist.

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having a time with this issue as well. Well I had sent in a defective phone they tried to charge me for it, and then they found it and credited my account 1,300 dollars for the phone and that put a credit on my account for a while and the store kept telling me I had over paid. Now my bill is so high I guess I will have to cancel my service I have three phones and two watches and I been with Verizon since I was 19 I took over the account when my dad passed away and been with them every since and never had my service disconnected, but I have been through so much garbage with them we are shopping around for new service. I can’t pay two 1,200 dollar bills. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think everyone that got done like this should cancel their account with Verizon. 

Highlighted

Customer Support

We'd never want to lose a long standing customer like you mrz_pulliam. We do our best to ensure that your bills are accurate at all times. If something happened, we will also work to correct any errors that may have been caused. Are you signed up on the Stay Connected program or are you just seeing a higher bill because of the issue with the device? 

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

There were no credits to my account but I did have a late payment as I pretty much always do by a day or two. My issue isn’t so much this sneaky garbage they pull using covid as an excuse it’s the 150 I spend a money IN GENERAL what a rip off and I OWN THE DEVICE! 150 without the 30 for a phone so I’d be paying 180 for one dang phone why...?????