Highlighted

Deceived with Charges during the 14-day cancellation period!

felt_cheated_

Why was I charged with the whole month's fee if I was only with Verizon for only 8 days. I returned the 2 phones, paid the restocking fees. I was told I won't be charged except for the days that I used the service which was for 8 days. And now I am being billed for a month's worth of service?!?!?! Before I cancelled the service, I consulted several representatives telling me how to go about the cancellation. So they told me to go to AT&T first to port our numbers there then return the phones to the store. Then I won't  be charged with any cancellation fees just the days that I was with Verizon. And now I have my bill at $102 for the 8 days I was with Verizon!!! Where is the justice in this scenario? Deceived totally by th representatives. Told different stories. I tried to dispute this to the billing department and they said that they are legitimate charges! Whaaaat?!!!?? I was within the 14-day cancellation period! And you are applying the "port" policy on my situation, well in fact YOUR REPRESENTATIVES were the ones who gave me the instructions on how to go about the cancellation process properly without being billed the whole billing period! Please explain.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Deceived with Charges during the 14-day cancellation period!

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sad to hear we lost you with our family felt_cheated. Have you taken a look at the detailed bill? There may be an activation fee listed along with your 8days of service plus features for your plan and a taxes. We can also go over the bill with you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

felt_cheated_

I wasn't charged with the activation fee because i was with the edge program with a 10gb plan. I asked customer service and she said I was billed the whole month and that I was paying for the $40/line (we had 2 lines) + $80 data plan. She said i don't get the discount for the $15/line because she said I returned the phone. I said I returned the phone on the day that I got the service cancelled so basically I was still on the edge program for the whole 8 days before the cancellation. She said that I was charged the whole billing period because I ported back our number to at&t. I told her that that was what I was supposed to do by several representatives that i talked too online and over the phone. I also told her that I was still in the worry-free cancellation period and that the "porting" out of numbers shouldn't apply to the situation, and that i should be charged only the prorated amount for the 8 days. Then she started to threatened me about adding more charges if I will still question her.

0 Likes
Highlighted

felt_cheated_

We were with More everything plan, edge program with 10gb... We were supposed to be charged with $15/line X 2 + $80 data plan (10gb) + $11.99 X2 for phone protection. This was what we signed up for. Then that representative that i talked over the phone for an hour and 30 mins said we cannot be in the $15/line promo because she said we returned the phone? I said, of course we will return the phone! We cancelled our line. But we returned it after cancellation.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I definitely disappointed to see all this confusion surrounding your final bill and would like to make sure we get things straightened out. I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox here in the forums and reply with the information I'll need

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

dad_of_2

As per the contract that we all signed. You can see the whole agreement here- Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless:

"CAN I TAKE MY WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CARRIER?

You may be able to take, or "port", your wireless phone number to another carrier.  If you port a number from us, we'll treat it as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that number.  After the porting is completed, you won't be able to use our service for that number, but you'll remain responsible for all fees and charges through the end of that billing cycle, just like any other cancellation.  If you're a Prepaid customer, you won't be entitled to a refund of any balance on your account. If you port a number to us, please be aware that we may not be able to provide some services right away, such as 911 location services.  You don't have any rights to your wireless phone number, except for any right you may have to port it."

*It has nothing to do with the return, becouse you cancelled during your last billing cycle, you have to pay to the end of the cycle.  The dose not matter if you port a number to another carrier or you just cancel. It's all the same.*

Highlighted

brando8998
Novice

Why does Verizon waste the paper to mail these agreements or the net space to have it posted on their website when people don't read?

Highlighted

felt_cheated_

I'm sorry but I think you are the one who doesn't understand about the 14-day worry-free cancellation. The one that was just quoted are those who are past the 14-day cancellation period without the penalties.

0 Likes
Highlighted

felt_cheated_

And just an update, I was right then! I should be just charged with the prorated amount of the 8 days of service. Customer service admitted that a mistake was made due to the charging of the edge installment on my bill to which there shouldn't be because I returned the phones.

So for those assuming that I don't understand the agreement, then maybe you should read it again. Particularly the part about the 14-day free cancellation period.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Felt_cheated,

We want to make sure that your Edge payments are correct! Lets get this resolved. I have sent you a private message, please respond to the message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes