Deceitful Customer Service!

After being with Verizon for over 6 years I am seriously considering calling it quits after multiple back to back horrible customer service experiences. I called mid March to ask them to set it up to where my bill can be sent to me and not my father. After being told in store they had no way to send him a bill for his phone and a bill to me for my phone they set it up as a different account. The first girl I talked to gave me the wrong information concerning my bill resulting in another call back (same day) where I talked in great length with the woman over every single detail of my bill. After an intense discussion she (multiple times) confirmed that my bill for the next month and every month after (assuming I made no purchases that were extra) would be 101.77 after taxes. I thanked her for her help and for talking to me in such detail about the bill and called it a day.

Next bill rolls around and now my bill is suddenly 167 and some change. I called this past Sunday (4/19) to resolve the issue. The girl I speak to tells me that because I wanted my own bill (shocking that I would want to know what I was supposed to be paying) they switched the account to a non loyalty account. After I explained that NONE of this was told to me and why would I agree to pay almost double just for them to tell me what I owed, she kindly offered to switch it around and credit me for the difference between the 167 and the 101.77 that I was quoted. She told me that it would take 24 to 48 business hours for the credit to appear. I thanked her and told her to have a good day.

So low and behold, it is now Wednesday and guess what credit is NOT on my account? That's right! The one I was told they would give me. So I called and spoke to yet another customer service person (Jonathan/Jon was his name) who basically said "I can't help you" so I asked to speak to a manager and was given a supervisor. After going around and around the supervisor said "Well unless you can prove she said that I can't help you" well if I had proof that she said that I would have the credit on the account and wouldn't need to call you! He offered absolutely no help and when I questioned why I was lied to by multiple "customer service" reps he didn't have an answer and tried to pawn it off on "I'm sorry that you felt lied to" and I absolutely put a stop to that. It has nothing to do with my feelings or his, I've had two separate people outright lie. One saying what my bill would be, the other saying I would get a credit. Then he said oh well you're paying the month in advance fee which was NEVER MENTIONED. Why on earth would I be willing to pay almost double my bill just to be told what it was? That makes NO sense at all! Then to top it off they've been charging me for 4 gigs of data when it should have been 2 but when I upgraded my phone in March the guy told me "We'll give you 3 free gigs" (yes 3, and only got 2) which I didn't care anyway because I don't even use 2. So nice to know they gave me the "free" gigs I DIDNT ASK FOR and decided to charge me for it.Plus the girl who switched my plan Sunday didn't bother telling me that with the new plan I wouldn't get the edge discount. I so love them changing things and not saying a word about it! They care absolutely nothing about their customers and I am so sick to my stomach over even being associated with this company. If I decide to even keep this phone I will never sign another contract with this nightmare of a company again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Deceitful Customer Service!

Good luck with your new carrier thats going to do the same thing or even worse.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I've had friends who have had great experiences with other companies so I think I'll be fine Smiley Happy Thank you so much for your concern!

Highlighted

I mean if you want to put it that way there is millions of people on Verizon with no issues too. So yes, you will be just fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Wish I could say I was done of them! Thank you for being so concerned over Verizon customers, maybe you could teach them a thing or two! 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

First of all, you ALWAYS pay a month in advance at Verizon. As far as I know, it is the same type of billing at other carriers. You pay for the month coming up, not for the month which had already happened, i.e. month in advance. If your bill closes on May 1, you will be paying for the month of May on that bill, not for the month of April.

Additionally, since this is your first month on your own account, you would have a larger than normal amount on your first bill. Verizon rarely, if ever, sets your billing date on the date you open your account. As a result, on your first bill you will be paying for a partial month and a full month. All subsequent bills would be for one month only.

For example: If your billing date is the 5th of the month, yet you opened your account on March 15. On your first bill, you would be charged for a partial month from March 15 thru April 5th PLUS a full month from April 6th thru May 5th. This would give you a first bill of approximately 167% of your normal monthly bill as you received. All of your subsequent bills would be for 1 month only, i.e. your next month's bill would be for service from May 6th thru June 5th only

Of course, everything on your bill is itemized and would be explained right on the bill.Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Novice

If the account you were on had some sort of loyalty program or discount, that wouldn't travel over to your new account when you assumed liability of your line and being a new account, the system sees you as a new customer. As explained by another customer, there is proration on the first bill and billing is always a month in advance. This would happen when opening a new account with another carrier as well. You can check and see if your employer offers a discount on your Verizon bill and if so, you can sign up online to get it applied.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I have never had an issue with my service or my bill. I guess I am "lucky" or maybe it is because I don't take the word of a representative and I look at the website for the information that I seek.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I have a issue with the statement don't take the word of the rep if you call customer care and your told something than they should have to honor that otherwise why are they there ? And if they do not know their limitations than they need re trained I'm sorry but its a fact you can call customer care 15 times and get 15 diff awnsers to your question and I'm sorry quality control seems to have gone out the window lately am I negative yes  I just went through a 3 week ordeal with customer care I logged over 60 phone calls several super visors and if it wasn't for Katie a agent at corp store in Fremont Ne a minor issue that should have been resolved in 1 phone call would still prob be ongoing and I made rep on phone read back their notes before I hung up so I had plenty of documation but it would never get resolved this went on for 3  weeks

Highlighted

Novice

And the fact I've been a Verizon customer since 2001 and my bill averages 320 a month gives me the right to vent my frustrations I've been around long enough to see the downhill progressions of customer care

Covid19