Highlighted

Data usage

I have NEVER had data overage on my current plan until this current billing cycle. How can I determine what I am doing to use 4 gb to n less than a month???

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Data usage

Customer Support

sheridantimjudy, your network experience when using data is very important to us and we want to ensure you have all the ways to manage data usage. Here is a web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-usage-faqs/ 
 that provides everything you need to know about how data is used, how to monitor it, and ways to get more data. I have also sent you a Private Message, so we can discuss the details further.  DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Same thing happened to me THIS MONTH. Out of the blue I get these overage charges and was told how much I used. I have the 4GB plan too. I was told my phone was using data instead of my wi-fi for internet connection which is a garbage answer. I'm not 15 feet from my wi-fi router. I have a Samsung S10 so they said to cut my Mobile Data off when close to wi-fi so my phone won't use it instead of wi-fi. It's strange it just started this. I've always had roll over data. Not this month. Not a happy camper at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

As an  S10 user myself I can shed additional light on what is using the data. Perhaps a different perspective will provide a clearer picture. Nobody here wants you to be unhappy.

Follow this path:
Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile Data Usage

At the top, there is a timeframe of a month. If that does not match when your monthly cycle starts and ends, then tap on the gear icon to the right. This can be changed using the "Start billing cycle on" button.

Once that matches your monthly cycle, the amount of mobile data used is visible followed by the apps that used the data. 
What are the top three apps there? 
How much data did these three apps use?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes