Highlighted

Re: Data usage numbers are out of control!

This is why people are upset (see Verizon answer above) maybe there's people out there who are unaware of How data works,  but there's plenty of others that do.

At least this has been my ongoing complaint. I have used every method Verizon has recommended,  but it's still not resolving the core issue of why/how the data can suddenly be at twice it's usage.

The only response is to tell the costumers they are wrong and they must pay. No refunds or credits. It's unfortunate.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Depends on coverage, but Boost (no overage charges) in my area isn't bad, especially at over $936 a year less for my old smartphone with 2GB plan.  (plans, cost and coverage may vary)  $30 a month for 2GB high speed data and really slow unlimited.  Had a rep ask me to try to run a speed test in an XLTE area the other day....LOL.  Told them I had only a 1GB plan.  They said, "Yeah, pretty much burn through that in 23 seconds."  Yeah, cause I need that kind of speed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader
0 Likes
Highlighted

And I hope everyone is aware Verizon is charging data usage just for logging into Verizon and being on this forum.  So I'm sure they are enjoying this while raking in the dough as we continue these obviously pointless complaints and acknowledgements of a universal problem of overage charges that are not valid amongst other Verizon customers.  The responses from Verizon representatives in this forum are no different then calling a rep. WE the customers, are still at fault and the same Ole suggestions of US fixing things on our end echoed through out Verizons  reps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I doubt Apple lets them put this on the iPhone. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Yes, I just had a rep ask me if I had ever r**ted my phone or "J**lbr*ken" it.  That was his excuse for why I had an error with an app that Verizon installed on the phone for "diagnostic" purposes.  He suggested I try a cache cleaning app to remove the Verizon-induced error.  Then asked me to factory reset my phone again.  LOL

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I'm sure there is some sort of remote diagnostic software in the system somewhere that cannot be disabled or found.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ye . The data utilization tool shows he is streaming video - which is primarily what he does. Night before last I (again) double checked he was on WiFi and on the usage summary he shows 600mb used around midnight! And he was ASLEEP! He has had this phone since November and its just suddenly this month that his data usage tripled. He's not doing anything different. I'm at a loss.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

What app is using to stream Video?   Is it set to use wifi only?

youtube has settings within the app, as well as being restricted in cellular data settings.

if he isn't closing apps, or if he is in a not so great wifi area in the house, his phone may revert to cellular.

Next step, parental controls on the iPhone.  Good old Apple can put time limits and app restrictions on the phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

He streams YouTube. That's almost all he does. My concern is that its just this last month that his usage jumped so outrageously. He's had this iPhone since November... I recently took a 5th line off my account that used a lot of data so I lowered my data allowance. It almost seems as though Verizon is bilking my sons usage to make me keep the higher data allowance..... Something is not right, that's for sure and I am ready to switch providers over it....

0 Likes