Highlighted

Re: Data usage numbers are out of control!

Interesting NONE of the Verizon employees >10 that I've spoken with have mentioned this.  However, this is even MORE reason to be angry with Verizon---they sold me my phone and I've been a customer for over a decade. I use WIFI and there is no way that I typically use 3 GB and now this month am using 12 GB.... Verizon says that they're system is perfect!  Absolutely Verizon is an accomplice to this foolishness.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You do understand the difference in definition with apps and their data usages

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Picture me slapping forhead in frustration.....

i Say again, your problem is with the phone.  Both hardware and software by Apple.   

Apple is responsible for warranty service on their devices.  Please contact Apple for repair or replacement.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
sao2015, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Did you have a chance to review your data usage sessions online at My Verizon? http://vz.to/1nvKlnG Additionally, you can also access the data calculator for a better understanding of how data usage is incurred on your phone  http://vz.to/18jfPJg  Which make/model phone do you have?   LasinaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is not just an Apple problem, it is a Verizon problem.  Looking at the "Data Utilization" for my Android phone shows that I have used 1 GB of data so far (just 5 days into my billing period), and it shows that 56% of that is for Video.  Strange, since the ONLY time I ever stream video is when at home on WiFi, and I do not use Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or any other social networking, EVER (don't even have accounts).  I also routinely get large chunks of data use showing up (when looking at detailed usage on My Verizon) for the period of time while I'm driving to work, with my phone on standby.  I always check emails, weather, traffic, etc before leaving in the morning while I'm still at home on WiFi, but that data is actually showing up as being used 20 minutes later during my commute, when Verizon can claim that it was on their network rather than my home WiFi.

Until Verizon allows us to see EXACTLY what data they are billing us for, I do not believe that they are being truthful, and I believe they are way overbilling.  Verizon's accounting of data is out of control and incorrect.  Period.  There is no reason for anyone's data use to double, triple, or even quadruple when their usage habits have stayed the same.  This is a scam.

Highlighted

Verizon provides (on my bill) a list of every single phone call (by number) and every single text (by number).  They can and should do the same for data.  Without that I cannot believe that my data usage is accurately reflected.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Toyota4x4van wrote:

Verizon provides (on my bill) a list of every single phone call (by number) and every single text (by number).  They can and should do the same for data.  Without that I cannot believe that my data usage is accurately reflected.

They can't do that...  texts go through IMS/SMS servers which are privately owned.  Without putting headers onto everything going through their network which follows the internet(in turn increase data usages) then it won't be possible.  To top it off people would mark this as a invasion of privacy...  Which already been through courts multiple times for similar things... IE supercookie would be something similar to what you are asking.

Highlighted

What is interesting is that there are OBVIOUSLY Verizon employees or contractors who are paid to reply to some of these posts which criticize Verizon. OBVIOUSLY.... Anywho--- I do believe the following:

1. Overcharging for data usage---it is DUMB that you can charge and say--well we can't verify but we can charge you---consumers are just at the hands of the carrier and I do believe that Verizon is overcharging and perhaps fraudulently inflating prices---this is a black hole.

2. Customer service--when you complain you get the run around--- even when you have them compare your usage to YOUR previous usage--in my case for over 18 months---my usage NEVER even approached 1/2 of what it was last month.  This was not even taken into consideration as my "evidence" that there is a flaw.

3. The ONLY recourse is to report to the Federal Trade Commission and get an investigation going and to the BBB....

Highlighted

Thank you for your response--- YES I did review and AGAIN I say---Verizon just review my average usage---this is WAYYYY out of line and I don't watch movies on this small phone. There is simply no way that this correct and as a vulnerable consumer; I know that Verizon is taking advantage of me. I have an Apple 5

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Do you use facebook or any social media app like snapchat?

0 Likes