Data usage and Verizon App

LOUISEC999

Why does the Verizon App say I used up all my data when I have 1.4 GB left?

I have the 8GB Data sharing plan.  We went over the 8 GB and the small amount of overroll data.  Since safety was not on, another GB of data was added to my account. I then turned safety on.  When I looked at my Verizon App last night  it appeared we used up that data too, so I did a data boost which is a fancy way of saying I added another GB of data.

This morning on the Data Hub of the App I saw the message in a big bold font  “You ran out of data again. Your overages total $0 for O GB. “  On the same page it had a list of items stating no data remaining (including data boost).  The exception was Overage that said currently remaining 0/1.4 GB.  I interpreted the 0 to mean nothing was left.

I then read the smaller print under the big bold font message.  It said Get a larger plan size to avoid future overages.  1.4/10.68 GB remaining.  

Is Verizon being deceptive to get me to change my plan or there is a bug in the app?

i did look at those unlimited plans.  However my monthly bill would significantly increase and I could not apply my employer discount.

0 Likes

Re: Data usage and Verizon App

boringusername

if you failed to turn safey mode on that's on you. Turn it on keep it on. It only kicks in once you used all the data. And no Verizon is not beign decpetive. ignore teh "out of data" messages

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Data usage and Verizon App

LOUISEC999

I never complained about the overages. Why would I blame Verizon? However, I still believe the wording on the app is misleading.

First time ever my family ever had an overage.  Why do you say I
should ignore the Out of Data messages?  

A very nice customer service representative called and everything is fine now.  

0 Likes