Highlighted

Data speed really slow

masudx99

it's very tricky that they advertise for unlimited and high speed data. in reality, its not!!! i moved from Tmobile for better experience but i am having the worst data speed. I talked to their CS but they told me to change the plan which is total garbage.. any one else have this issue ?

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)

Re: Data speed really slow

boringusername

what plan do you have? if the network is congested it can't be helped.. Do you complain that the speed limit sign is a lie because you can't do 65 on the freeway at 6 PM on a Friday?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

masudx99, I understand your point of view and that you need the reliable data speeds/connection you rely on. I appreciate you making the recent switch to Verizon Wireless and will be glad to help clear everything up/review your options going forward.

We currently offer 3 different variations of our Unlimited Plan and not all of them are created equally in terms of service expectations/features. If you have our Go Unlimited Plan, that's the most basic plan option and not the best fit for most consumers who use a lot of data. With the Go Unlimited Plan regardless of how much data has been used in the billing cycle, prioritization can take place at any time. It's not to say that this would be your experience every day of the week, but location and congestion of cell towers will impact your speeds at times.

What's the name of the exact Unlimited Plan you have? Do you experience slow data speed issues in only one location or various? You can compare our Unlimited Plans at the link attached to get a better understanding of the different plans we offer. We realize not everyone needs the same type of Unlimited Plan which is why we offer various options. http://spr.ly/6587EPnZP

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

masudx99

Go unlimited..

That's the thing, nowhere u guys mentioned about this congestion or whatever. even I talked to ur store rep and CS before switching.

better you guys do something else I can tell Verizon will lose customers. Horrible experience.

Tricky answer, comparing with other plan not gonna help me to reduce my cost. it will go higher

masudx99

Go unlimited. No I didn't based on Friday 6pm lol I complained based on 12Pm traffic where we go 15MPH than the posted speed. But, in fact I am going on a 20MPH less during 12pm

0 Likes

Mountainpixy

Good for you masudx99! I'm in a rural area where I have no other cell provider options in a summer tourist resort area. Our data has been slow slow slow for a month & our season has not really gotten started yet. SELL SELL SELL that's their mo because the largest company of it's kind on the planet doesn't have enough business! 

0 Likes

Mountainpixy

So if a person invests in the top priced unlimited plan does Verizon stand behind

0 Likes

boringusername

@Mountainpixy wrote:

Good for you masudx99! Say it like it is. I'm in a rural area where I have no other cell provider options in a summer tourist resort area. Our data has been slow slow slow for a month & our season has not really gotten started yet. SELL SELL SELL that's their mo because the largest company of it's kind on the planet doesn't have enough business! 

So what you are saying is you want Verizon to kick people in your area of their plans and not let other join even though they are the only carrier that cars to? Funny how you are not directing your ire at the other 3 national carreirs for not providing ANY service but instead lash out of the only one who does. Where is that logic?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're happy to help! What type of phone do you have? Does this only happen at home, everywhere, or just at work? We're eager to hear back from you! MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

JPC2019

My LTE speed is garbage. The 3 months it has slowed down so much! I don’t understand why!?!?