Data Use on Verizon Plan

I moved from Unlimited Data plan to the new Verizon Plan this past month on Nov 16th. Before I made the move I verified with Verizon my past data usage on my account. My account had never used more than 8 GBs on data. I have 2 iPhone 6 and 1 iPhone 6S on my account. Nothing has changed on any phone to include no new Apps. I have WiFi Assist turned off on all iPhones. My account since Nov 16th, according to usage tool on My Verizon has already used 9GBs of data. I still have 10 days left in my billing cycle and already used more than any previous month ever. My question is what is so different and data utilization on this new plan to drive so much more utilization on my account? Is anyone else seeing similar usage increases since switching plans?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Data Use on Verizon Plan

Community Manager
Community Manager

Tn2005c6, as the mother of 3, I know that data usage easily fluctuates with any changes in our days. Just having a day off of school can affect how much data my girls will use. We want you to understand where that data is going and how it is being used. To take that closer look, please select View Usage Details from your home screen and then choose the Data Utilization Tool link to the right. This will help provide a breakdown of how that data is being used, per line.

Please know, that the plan that you are on will not affect the amount of data that is used. That data usage is still calculated in exactly the same manner, even if you are on a Nationwide Plan from years ago.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a single phone on a 1 gb plan.  This same thing has happened to me twice now and for no reason that I can determine.  In October and November billing cycles.  1 day I was 30% of usage with more than 20 days to go in the cycle and a few days later I was at 100% with 2 weeks to go in the cycle.   Verizon offered no help in figuring this out.  The phone is not my primary cellphone and my activities/use was not different during these times.

0 Likes
Highlighted

We had prepaid mobile with Boost and Verizon. Used the phones monthly and each had 3 GB data. With new phones on shared Verizon Plans we used 3 times as much data!! Seriously?? How are they gauging the data usage?? And why so much higher with Verizon plan not prepaid?

0 Likes
Covid19