Highlighted

Data Usage

I have a 6G per month plan for data and seldom use more than 2Gs per month. However, this cycle, I only have 5% left after 4 days...only 4 days and I was hooked up to wifi the whole time. How is this possible? WIFI only and all data gone. Also, when I analyze the usage, it is 3 am when the usage ensues. I am sleeping at 3 am. Please assist.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Data Usage

Customer Support

pmeyer1229, I would be just as doubtful if my data was disappearing without my knowledge. Rest assured, we will get to the bottom of why your usage is being used up at 3 AM. Please provide me the make and model of your device. Depending on the device, there is a function that is called Wi-Fi assist that will switch you out of Wi-Fi and enables your data when the connection of your Wi-Fi is weak. Before jumping to any conclusion, I would like more insight into where you obtained the information about your usage being used at 3 AM.

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having the same issue. Data used in early hours while we are on WiFi.  I had to buy 2 Gigs at $15 each and the 2nd one was gone in less than 2 days.  Of the 32 recorded data usage instances, only 3 were when we were NOT at home - and used 1.05 Gigs.  Makes no sense.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We appreciate that you are aware of your data usage BRATDMOM11, and we want to address any concerns that you may have. With data reporting and usage, it is not in real time. It can take time for the information to get to us, from the towers. So the time you are seeing is not always the time that the data was used. As well, if your Wi-Fi dropped out for some reason, the phone could revert to mobile data. As previously mentioned, depending on the device, there is a function that is called Wi-Fi assist that will switch you out of Wi-Fi and enables your data when the connection of your Wi-Fi is weak. It would be helpful to know the make and model of the devices involved. Thanks in advance.

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I too am having the same issue on four of my lines.  and yes, wifi assist is off on all 4.  This seems to happen way too much for Verizon to not address directly.  Always between 4 and 5 AM or 7 and 8 AM.  Both times I am on wifi.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

thinking you're connected to wi-fi & actually being connected are 2 different things.

with a weak wi-fi connection, you'll be using data.

0 Likes