Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

DISCOUNT RIPOFF!!!

joeday

BE AWARE of VERIZON WIRELESS discount RIPOFF!

My daughter is an RN and applied for the new NURSES discount with Verizon Wireless. UNFORTUNATELY, when she got the $5 per line discount applied to our account, they REMOVED the $10 per line MILITARY DISCOUNT from our account, so our bill went UP $20!!! When I tried to reverse the change, I WAS TOLD I WAS NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR THE $10 PER LINE MILITARY DISCOUNT, BECAUSE WE HAD CHANGED THE PLAN, AND THE $10 PER LINE DISCOUNT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO ME!!!!

AS A LONG-TERM VERIZON CUSTOMER, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED, AS I SEE THE "OFFER" FOR A NURSING DISCOUNT AS A RUSE TO GET US OFF OF THE MORE GENEROUS MILITARY DISCOUNT!!!

BEWARE!!!

0 Likes

Re: DISCOUNT RIPOFF!!!

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon does not stack discounts.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello joeday,

We appreciate everything you and your family does for our country. You can only have 1 discount offer active on an account at a time. You can't sign up for multiple offers. How many lines do you have on your account? What plan do you have for your lines? Did you or your daughter change your plan when signing up for the Nurse's discount?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes

joeday

I have four lines on my account.  My daughter signed up for the Nurse discount, not realizing that it affected all lines on the account, and would cancel the military discount that I had on the account.  The main problem was that the military discount that I had on the account was $10/line, whereas the Nurse discount was only $5/line.  NEITHER DISCOUNT was applied on the last bill.

What I wanted was to cancel the Nurse Discount request, and have the $10/line military discount reinstated.  I also did not appreciate having to resubmit proof of military service, since I have enjoyed this discount for several years.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the helpful details, joeday. We'd like to apologize for the confusion the discounts has caused. We definitely want you to have the best possible discount on your account. To have the military discount applied towards your account again, you would need to reapply for the discount. You can reapply here, http://spr.ly/6607GBmiS. Please let us know if you have any trouble getting this set up.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes

medic511

Verizon also NEVER misses a chance to mislead a customer into increasing Big V's corporate profits.  Big business and their favorite politicians may want to take us mere folks a bit more seriously now that we have proven that there is indeed a limit to our willingness to be less intelligent than a garden snail drunk on beer.