Highlighted

Customer service issues, no complaint department!

Not sure I'm really asking a question here, just looking for a place to be heard!  Up to now my experience with Verizon has been good, however I've always been on the buying end, Verizon on the selling.  Recently though, I needed to cancel a line on my account.  Not a big deal, or so I thought!  First, there is absolutely no way that I can find to do this through the website, even though it is very easy to add a line through the website.  I live about an hour away from the nearest store and didn't want to make the drive just to get rid of the line.  So I looked up the phone number for the store via the website only to discover that even though each store shows a different number, your call is clearly routed to a universal call center in who-knows-where.  Furthermore the automated system is terrible!  I called 3 times on my cell phone and never got past the first set of options because it wouldn't recognize that I was hitting the numbers to respond.  The fourth time I called on a land line and got through the first and second level, but by the 3 level it was having trouble recognizing my keystrokes again and routed me back around to the 1st level only to start again.  Eventually I got to a human only to figure out that this was not my store that I was led to believe I was calling.  All that just to deal with some stranger who doesn't know me or my account, just reading info off a screen!  And, whose number one goal was not to just take care of my request, but rather sell me something, or in this case, do her best to talk me out of getting rid of the line!  Are you kidding me!  If I wanted high pressure sales personnel I would've chose that option two levels ago!!!  After finally convincing her that yes I do want to cancel the line, and no I do not want to keep it and use it for a different device, she puts me on hold "while she takes care of that".  Unbelievable!  Eventually, she came back and the deed was finally done.  By now I'm looking for an email address, or a complaint department, again not through the website, and there was no way I was calling again.  So this is all I got, and I have no confidence that this will generate any change.  Lesson learned:  1) Verizon is typical big business, only cares about making your purchasing experience easy and pleasurable, and creates as many road blocks as necessary to dissuade you from doing anything that lowers your bill or cost them income.  2) Even though its an hour away, any business I do with Verizon will require that I make the drive and deal with someone face-to-face, yes even in the most technologically advanced nation on the planet in 2014!  Did I mention I'm dealing with a cell phone company...the irony!

To those who read this, whomever you may be, I apologize for the rant since you are probably not anyone that can actually do anything about it.

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Customer service issues, no complaint department!

You can vent anytime is okay I get pissed at Verizon to

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Customer service issues, no complaint department!

Leader

To get through to a person on the  phone you simply need to continue to press 0. Works for me every time. Any rep, no matter in the store or on the phone, is tasked with trying to keep you from canceling any services. It is their job. You can't get mad at them for simply doing their job. How would you feel if someone got mad at you for the same thing. Let them do their jobs. It does stink that you have to repeatedly request the cancellation of service but their responsibility is to find another solution if possible.

When you call a Verizon Wireless store and nobody answers your call gets routed to a national call center. Why? Because customer service. How would you feel if you called the store and it just kept ringing and nobody answered? Oh. The store is not allowed to access your account, let alone process a cancellation of services, without an authorized user in the store to show identification. So had you actually gotten someone in the store you would have been directed to visit the store making the hour drive that you clearly didn't want to make or call in. All of this during the busiest week of the year.

We are not the most technologically advanced country on the planet. France has trains that travel 200MPH, China had a 21% growth in wind power capacity (in megawatts) while the US had 1% last year and also Quad HD displays have been available overseas for about 3 years now and are just hitting the US.

Any representative of VZW will know your account just as well as the next. They do this by reading info off of a screen. That's what the screen is there for.

0 Likes