Highlighted

Corporate Discount Lie

robindenise99

Does anyone else receive a message that they qualify for 18% Corporate Discount but never receive it? Why would Verizon tell me my mobile number qualifies for this discount but then customer service says I don't qualify since I'm on an old unlimited plan? This seems to be unfair to not receive a discount that Verizon says I qualify for. 

0 Likes

Re: Corporate Discount Lie

boringusername

Unlimited plans do not qualify for discounts.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

They could qualify if they have a really old plan and meet the plan's requirements for the discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I certainly don't want there to be any confusion about discounts on our unlimited plans, robindenise99. I'm happy to shed some light. Which unlimited plan specifically do you have? If you aren't sure, I would recommend viewing your bill in the bill section of MyVerizon. Most unlimited plans do not qualify for corporate discounts. However, our newer unlimited plans such as the Go, Beyond and Above plans do qualify for Auto Pay discounts (linked to a debit card or checking account along with paper-free billing) which gives you $5 off per line. Auto Pay can be signed up for here: vzw.com/autopay Does this help? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes

robindenise99

It shouldn't matter which plan I'm on. When I sent my corporate email in I received a message that my mobile number qualifies for the corporate discount of 18%. If my mobile number is registered on a plan that doesn't qualify then why doesn't Verizon tell me that I don't qualify? I'm also not receiving $5 off per line for signing up for paperless so that is another lie you are telling.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not the impression we want you to have of us, robindenise99. The employer discounts we offer are stated as a percentage off of qualifying plans. The unlimited plans do not qualify, since they’re already deeply discounted. Do you have military experience? Our current unlimited plans https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ offer a special rate for members of the military. Regarding the $5.00 off per line, paperless is one part of the requirement. You must also use Auto Pay with a debit card or checking account. Only then will the discount apply. The $5.00 per line discount is also only applicable to current unlimited plans. Those on the grandfathered unlimited plan receive a $10.00 per month discount off their plan for enrollment in both paperless billing and Auto Pay using a debit card or checking account. Does this help clear up the details?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The paperless discount also requires the autopay to be from a checking account or debit card. If you use a credit card to pay your bill, then you don't fully qualify for the discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

boringusername

@robindenise99 wrote:

It shouldn't matter which plan I'm on. When I sent my corporate email in I received a message that my mobile number qualifies for the corporate discount of 18%. If my mobile number is registered on a plan that doesn't qualify then why doesn't Verizon tell me that I don't qualify? I'm also not receiving $5 off per line for signing up for paperless so that is another lie you are telling.

It does since unlimtied plans that have come back in the last couple of years are not eligble for corporate discounts and that's stated in the plan terms

0 Likes