Highlighted

Contacts in messaging desktop app

Hello, I am using the windows desktop messaging app and would like to know how to get the contacts to show in the app instead of just the phone number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Contacts in messaging desktop app

Community Manager
Community Manager
Naone , I appreciate the details of your experience. We surely want to help take care of these concerns with the Messages application. I know you're primary contact concern is with the Desktop application. Which phone do you have with us? Do you happen to have Backup Assistant Plus downloaded to your phone?

Whenever, notifications are not coming through due to another device being connected, you can manage the devices right from your phone. Simply open the Messages Application, then select Settings, then Manage Devices. This will ensure the notifications come to your phone vs. your work PC, when needed.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Naone, thank you for reaching out. I want to make sure that you are getting the desktop messaging app set up just the way you would like it. Did you just download the desktop program to your computer? Have you been able to see the contacts names before or has it always been just the number? 

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Hi Kevin,

I have been using the app for a couple of months now and have never been able to get the contacts to show up.  The contacts sow correctly on the verizon messages app on the phone but not on the computer. 

One other nuance I noticed is that if the desktop app is running I sometimes do not get a notification of an incoming message on my phone.  For example, I left my computer running in my office at work over the weekend and I got a small percentage of incoming text notifications on my phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Naone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Naone , I appreciate the details of your experience. We surely want to help take care of these concerns with the Messages application. I know you're primary contact concern is with the Desktop application. Which phone do you have with us? Do you happen to have Backup Assistant Plus downloaded to your phone?

Whenever, notifications are not coming through due to another device being connected, you can manage the devices right from your phone. Simply open the Messages Application, then select Settings, then Manage Devices. This will ensure the notifications come to your phone vs. your work PC, when needed.
TanishaS_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Tanisha,

This workaround works but then I have to re-register the desktop app everytime I do this.  I would like to avoid having to go through these steps while having my notifications show op both on my phone and my desktop.  Can you log this as an issue to be looked at.

Thanks,

Naone

0 Likes
Covid19