Highlighted

Complaint - Promised promotion for free iPhone 7 December 2016

TOOKIENY

I went into a Verizon store to purchase an iPad for my son a few days before Christmas, and was asked if I needed to upgrade my phone.  I was always short on storage, but was in no way in NEED of a new phone at that moment.  I was then told that I could get the promotion for a free iPhone 7 if I purchased it that day.  Since it was free, how could I go wrong?  I went ahead with the upgrade and the Verizon employee set it up.  I was told that it would take several months for the promotion to kick in, That initially I would get a monthly charge of $27.00, but would then start to see a credit on my statement each month for the exact amount that was charged monthly, and an additional credit to offset the first few months that I had been charged.  February 8th I received a device trade in credit for $139.00.  I called Verizon because I was concerned that I should not have gotten this credit and it would interfere with my receiving the correct promotional credit that I had been promised.  The representative confirmed that they saw on my account that I was set up to receive the promotion for a free phone and that my monthly credits should start to show up the next billing cycle.  When I received my next bill with no credit, I called again.  Again I was assured that they did see that I was signed up for the free iPhone 7 upgrade and that I would be getting my monthly credit beginning the next billing cycle.  When I received my April bill, I was met with the same problem.  Again I called and was told the same thing.  When I received my May bill, once again I called.  This time I was put on with a representative that said, "I'm sorry for the misinformation that you have been receiving but you are not eligible for that promotion."  I explained that the Verizon store representative set it up.  I didn't even do it myself at home or online.  How could I not be eligible for something a store employee said I would be and signed me up for?  I told for months that they saw it was all set up correctly in my account and to just be patient.  Now I was being instructed to go back to the store to resolve the problem.  It was 5 months later.  I don't even know if the same employee from Christmas is there or if he will remember me.  The Verizon representative was apologetic but said that I was "lucky" that she had found me a promotion that I was eligible for that would save me $10 a month on my phone payment.  She said, "I hear this all the time, and often there is nothing I can offer."  She said that the promotion she found for me would kick in the next billing cycle and that I would be credited back $10 a month for January through April.  I was not thrilled, because I was still paying $240 for a phone that I didn't need, didn't plan to buy, and was supposed to be free.  To make matters worse, do you think I have received that $10 credit or new discounted price on my bill?  No.  So to recap here is basically what has happened.

December:     A Verizon store employee sold me on a "free" phone upgrade.

January:     I was billed $27 a month for this "free" phone, no credit.

February:   I was billed $27 a month for this "free" phone, no credit.

Called customer service, told that they did see the promotion had been applied and should be showing up the next billing cycle.                

March:     I was billed $27 a month for this "free" phone, no credit.

Called customer service, told that they did see the promotion had been applied and should be showing up the next billing cycle.

April:          I was billed $27 a month for this "free" phone, no credit.

May:       I was billed $27 a month for this "free" phone, no credit.

Called customer service, a representative finally broke the news to me that this promotion was never going to happen.

I was instructed to plead my case back at the Verizon store, and was promised a new promotion.    

May:      I just received my next bill.  I was again charged $27 for my free phone.  No credit or promotion of any kind is present.

I have been a Verizon customer for at least 12 years. 

I have two children, one with a phone, one with an iPad with cellular. 

We have an unlimited data plan. 

My bill is a whopping $235.00 a month. 

Verizon is giving me absolutely no reason to want to stay with them at this point.  If an employee told me I was eligible for a promotion that I was in fact NOT eligible for, this is an issue of poor training and customer service on the part of Verizon and its Employees. It should not be my problem to try to resolve.  The only mistake I made, not getting the name of every Verizon employee that I spoke with.

Now what?  I tried to find a place on the Verizon website to make my complaint, it seems that no such place exists.  What is the next step in resolving this issue?

Labels (1)

Re: Complaint - Promised promotion for free iPhone 7 December 2016

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure that you receive any promotions that you might have been eligible for at the time of getting your iPhone. After having been advised to return to the store location, did you ever do so?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

KEVIN020576

Very shady company, we were promised a visa card from verizon for a certain amount after the manager at there store submitted a bill from our phone carrier that we switched from verizon 2. They shorted us $325. We are not going 2 see it. My suggestion, do like us and switch phone carriers

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting the proper promotion is essential, KEVIN020576. I've sent you a Private Message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

TOOKIENY

I have not yet gone to the store but I intend to.  But me having to go back to the store after already spending my time on 5 phone calls to customer service, searching for a place to email my complaints, and eventually posting my complaint on this forum, is precisely the problem.  Why am I the customer doing all of the work.  I am a single working mother with two children and a $235.00 cell phone bill which I ALWAYS pay on time.  Quite honestly, I don't have the time to go back to the store, or make any more phone calls, or write anymore responses.  Although it appears that the only way I will get any resolution is by doing just that.  So, in answer to your question, no I have not yet.  What I'm wondering, is whether or not a customer service supervisor has looked into my complaint and tried to determine why 5 separate employees gave me misinformation and promised me promotions and discounts which were never going to be?

0 Likes

TOOKIENY

Where can I find this private message?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The community inbox. https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes