Highlighted

Complaint: Failure to cancel my account as agreed

GPG2468

I was a reliable customer with Verizon from 01/01/2012 to late November, 2014. In November 2014, I agreed to take a short-term job in Italy. On either the 13th or 14th of November (I forget exactly which), I called Verizon and requested that my account be terminated effective Nov 25th, as I'd no longer be in the country and that cell phone service wouldn't be useful for me. The representative informed me that she had made the necessary changes, my phone number would be deactivated on the 25th, and that Verizon would no longer bill me for the account.

Turns out, neither of those statements were true. On Dec 9, 2012 Verizon sent me an e-mail thanking me for my payment for December's service. I assumed it was a one-time mistake, and told my credit card company not to pay the bill. It wasn't a one time mistake. Verizon has continued to charge me in January, and in March. They have also sent my account to collections over the December bill. Additionally, I had a friend in the US call that number and he has confirmed that it is still active.

I would have been happy to handle this matter in private, but could not find a way. Calling Verizon from Italy would cost me about $1/minute, a charge I am NOT willing to incur to make up for their incompetence. I've searched the website, and cannot find a way to e-mail them directly, and despite many attempts to use the live chat option it always seems to be offline (Even during the clearly stated online hours). So congratulations Verizon, now we get to handle this in public. Also, I've filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the FCC.

So here's what I want Verizon:

1. A full refund of $101.51 for the erroneous charges to my account on January 18, 2015 and March 18, 2015.

2. Retract you claim at collections, so they stop sending my old apartment mail and they stop trying to extract money I don't owe you.

3. Ensure that my credit rating is NOT impacted by your erroneous collections claim.

4. Fix your customer service options so that you actually have customer service options, and your customers don't have to resort to posting complaints on your forum.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Complaint: Failure to cancel my account as agreed

Community Manager
Community Manager
I am happy to look into your account GPG2468! I want to get to the bottom of this. I know I would be upset too if I received a bill when a line was suppose to be cancelled. I have sent you a direct message so we can look into this together.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes