Highlighted

Compensation

HikerAZ

Today and yesterday, I tried to upgrade my iPhone 6 to 11 Pro and after talking to six people and several hours Verizon made me buy the phone full price.  I've been a customer for 24 years on the same account.  Turns out six months ago when I received two letters from Verizon saying I was past due on an account, they were going to send me to collections.  I immediately called them and said that is not my account and they said not to worry about it and would take care of it.  Well, they didn't.  I only discovered it when I couldn't upgrade on my existing account.  Fraud department says they were never notified.  So, I have had it on my credit report as a negative for six months and it is going to take 30-90 days for it to get removed.  How do I get Verizon to compensate me for them harming my credit report?  Thx!

0 Likes

Re: Compensation

deloused

File a letter of dispute with the 3 major credit reporting agencies 

Re: Compensation

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You don’t get compensated.  Someone used your identity and created a fraud account.  Verizon is as much a victim as you are, they were financially ripped off.  

Its a good idea to run your credit report often and dispute items that are not yours.  

At least you get your credit record cleared.  You’ll have to work a bit harder to get your record cleared with Verizon.  

0 Likes