Highlighted

Cloud backup only backs up verizon account status contacts??

Cloud backup only backs up verizon account status contacts (eg #Min, #BAL, etc).  It doesn't backup any of my gmail contacts (or contacts from any email service) that are on my phone.  How do I correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Cloud backup only backs up verizon account status contacts??

Sr. Leader

The contacts need to be saved as "phone contacts", not Google contacts.  If you are using Google to backup your contacts, that's a better option.  What phone do you have?  There is a way on most Android phones to see *just* your Google contacts, *just* your phone contacts, or when viewing a contact, where it is stored.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The contacts need to be saved as "phone contacts", not Google contacts.  If you are using Google to backup your contacts, that's a better option.  What phone do you have?  There is a way on most Android phones to see *just* your Google contacts, *just* your phone contacts, or when viewing a contact, where it is stored.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a 5S and I can change what contacts are viewed... but my real issue is that I want my contacts to show up when I use Verizon's Messages+ app on my desktop. Right now the Messages+ app on my desktop only shows phone numbers.  I know that it uses the contacts in the cloud backup for the contact info.

So if the verizon cloud app only backs up "phone contacts"; is there a way that I can <easily> import my other cpntacts or copy them over?

Highlighted

If you open your contacts app do you see all of your contacts?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Since my phone updated I have lost all my contacts and I am unable to get them back. The one thing that has me really baffled is it put my granddaughters contacts on my phone. Believe it or not but she hasn't had a phone with me on Verizon for over 2 years!

I would really like to get MY contacts back. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Since you have a Samsung device doesn't it back some information up to their servers?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have tried to access them through both the cloud and samsung account add well as my email accounts. I have no idea why it even changed my contacts. I wouldn't think they would even have my granddaughters contacts anymore. If I didn't need those numbers so bad I would be laughing because I find this to be unbelievable!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm preplexed how you would have your granddaughters contacts when yours all disappeared.  When you sign onto contacts.google.com on the laptop/desktop does it show any of your contacts?

0 Likes
Highlighted

No. All my contacts are gone! I just don't understand how it happened.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ok I might have found a solution so please bare with one more time.

Sign into contacts.google.com

Click More

Click Restore Contacts

Select an option where you know you had your contacts

Click Restore

Please report back if it works