Clicking next when switching devices does nothing?

Just received a new Samsung S7 and set it up with the new SIM card. I went to switch devices on Firefox (later Edge and Chrome) to switch the Samsung with an iPhone 6 but after selecting the two phones, clicking next, three dots animate and then nothing. Next page doesn't load, the three dots disappear and the page stays the same, no matter what browser I'm on. Cleared cache and cookies, didn't help.

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Clicking next when switching devices does nothing?

Expert

Which phone has the active SIM card? If using the Switch Device option in your My Verizon account online you need to have only the currently active line phone on to start the process.

If the SIM card was the same size, you could have swapped the card from the active phone to the new phone and had the line switched between the devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Both of the SIM cards are active, I believe. They both have a registered number, etc.

Should I switch the two cards and then try to switch devices? The old phone doesn't have 4G (I think) and I'd like the 4G to be on the new phone.

I'm just very confused because the webpage is literally doing absolutely nothing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

No need for confusion SIEDUR78 as we are here to help get everything working for you. Just to clarify what you are trying to do, you are looking to swap devices between 2 lines is that correct? Both phones are 4G devices and should have their own SIM cards especially if they are both currently active. Can you please confirm these details so that we can assist you with the next steps.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Okay. Back up. How many lines are you trying add a new phone? What was the old phone(s)? What is the new phone(s)? Please provide that information.

If you are just trying to switch two 4G phones between two lines, you might not need to use the online switching tool if the SIM cards are the same size.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I, too, would like an answer to this question.  I'm trying to switch between my Samsung S5 and my daughter's new S7. Both phones are on the same account, but have different size SIM cards, which is why we didn't just swap them.  Any info would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

New SIM cards are free. Just go into a corporate store or order over the phone.

0 Likes
Covid19