Charges

TeaMikeN

In December I bought a phone from Verizon and had an additional phone through work.  Work stopped paying for our phones so I wanted to get my phone number switched to my purchased phone.  They did so but did not tell me there was a contract with work that got carried over.  Since then, Ive been charged $55 a month for this additional line they said I had.  For months Ive been trying to get this corrected.  Today they finally we able to tell me what happened.  When I had the phone number switched - they never told me that an additional contract came with it or I would have never take the phone number.  An old number is not worth $55 a month.  Today when I tried to get it fixed.  They also charged me $100 to cancel it.  So now, I have paid $440 in charges that I never knew what they were for and have been talking to each month with them.  Each month they told me it would be fixed.  Now they charged me another $100 to get it fixed.  I will be switching to TMobile and sending a Better Business Bureau claim today for resolution of $540.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Charges

Community Manager
Community Manager

TeaMikeN, we certainly don't want to see you go! I am sorry to learn the information regarding the contract was not verbally stated to you. It is important that we are very transparent with all of our plans and services. When you take over a line of service, the contract does come over as well, and if canceled before the contract end date the early termination fee is billed. When the transfer of service was completed, did you accept the terms and conditions?

Tionna_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

TeaMikeN

The whole thing was done over the phone - but if so, it wasn't brought up or explained to me in this way or I would not have done it.  Even if I did agree - why the last two times that I was told it was being corrected was this not brought up.  Ive been using the Help Chat feature since August.  Ive been told it has been corrected.  Only this time today were they able to tell me this was happening and immediately cancelled it and got rid of that phone number. 

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

It is listed in the FAQs. Item number 2. Transfer your service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

TeaMikeN

Seems like something a customer service rep should have told me the last 3 times I spoke to them over the past 7 months instead of a community member.  Verizon doesn't care about their customers.  Just their customers' money.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

TeaMikeN, I assure you we do care about all of our customers. This has been going on for a while now. To review this further, I have sent a private message when you have an opportunity please reply.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes