Highlighted

Changing plans

Doe79

I am currently under an older plan and would like to change to the new Verizon plan. It appears it would save me money. My questions:

1. What are the hidden charges? Will the taxes and other charges go up?

2. If I am eligible for upgrades on 2 phones, can I change plans then get the upgrades at a later time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Changing plans

MiiHere
Leader

What plan do you currently have? How many phones? Are they on a 2 year contracts, out of contract, edge plans? How many GB? Any other connected devices?

I know the website was having trouble giving accurate totals; mostly in the favor of Verizon because really the bill ends up being higher.

There are no hidden charges; just a lot of stipulations, such as any current 2 year plans will remain, you can't break contract and the line access fee stays $40. Taxes are based on your location so if your state/county doesn't raise them then they won't be higher.

Your upgrades stay the same. If you're out of contract are you getting the month2month discount? That will go away on the new plans.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Doe79

I am currently on the Talk and Text Family Share 700. 3 phones.  Two of them the contract ended. One is 10/10/16.  I have not received any discounts for the contracts being done.  Using the Verizon calculator, plus adding in current fees and taxes, it appears I'd be saving 45 - 75 a month depending on which data amount I go for. Only two of the phones are in use. The third expires in 16 at which time I will cancel it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

MiiHere
Leader

That's a plan I'm not familiar with; too green. As long as you aren't getting any savings on the lines, you should be golden. Just do the math with a pen and paper. Don't trust the website.

It sounds like on the new plan you'd have $80 in access fees for all 3 phones + whatever data you go for + taxes and fees.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Doe79

Thanks. That's what I figured.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

The Talk and Text Family Share 700 is one of the Nationwide Plans. The plan has individual data buckets per line and the ability to upgrade under contract.

The current "Verizon Plans" has unlimited talk and texting plus a shared data bucket for all the lines on the account. You won't be able to purchase phones under contract with the Verizon Plans. It is either the Device Payment option or full retail price.

Can you please post your per line charges without personal information on this discussion so the community members can assist you in comparing costs?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Doe79

My bill on the Nationwide plan was $185ish plus taxes and fees -or roughly 218.  I just switched plans and will be saving $75 a month. Even when I get the two new devices (I'm waiting a few months) it will still be less than what I am paying.  My daughter and I don't use a lot of data. We are good now!

0 Likes