Change phone number in online text

Robs2020

I’m trying to figure out how to change a number for online text from the primary number 

0 Likes

Re: Change phone number in online text

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, it is always good to know the options available to change your number, we'll be glad to help out. From the following link you can find additional information: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-phone-number-video/

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes

APRock

I don't believe this answered the OP question. I have a similar desire to dothis. I have used the "Text Online"option on the Verizon website at times. I log on to Verizon, go to the Account tab and chose Text Online. It automatically puts MY number and MY texts. Now my daughter has cracked her iPhone screen for about the 4th time. Still kind of works but not so good. She's going tohave to work and pay for this repair. Is there a way to put her number in there? does she have to "register" with the main Verizon site to do this (even though her phone is under my account...)? Or is there some other option we can try?

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

I don't think it's possible without her phone to verify.  If you can swap her sim into a working phone to get that done.   
Then you have to logout of your user number and into hers to access. 

0 Likes

APRock

Having her phone to verify isn't the problem. When one clicks on the "text online" it automatically sets it to MY phone number . How do I get it to do hers? I also have a wife who expressed interest in using the feature occasionally. 3 different numbers in the one account...but only the one can do "text online" it seems.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Each phone line needs its own My Verizon account for line-specific things like web-based texting and Cloud backups.  Once the lines have their log-in credentials, log in using the appropriate credentials for whichever line wants to use the web-based texting.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, we want to make sure we provide you with the correct information. We want to clarify some details, are you referring to the texting you can do using My Verizon? Or this is for the auto fill option on your browser?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes

APRock

Yes, on the website. You log in, you can check your bill, research your devices, change your plan; and if you go over to "account" and click, one of the expanded choices is "Text Online". I have 3 phones on my account. How would I switch between them. Right now it only comes up with the one number with no choices to switch.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

You can't switch between lines.  As noted in an earlier post, each phone line needs its own My Verizon account for line-specific things like web-based texting.  Once the lines have their log-in credentials, log in using the appropriate credentials for whichever line wants to use the web-based texting.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate the clarification APRock. When you are looking to send text messages online, you can only send them from the phone number you are signed in with. If the other lines are registered for My Verizon, you can sign in with those phone numbers and passwords. If not, you would have to register them for the My Verizon access. Does this provide clarity?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes