Highlighted

Change of Due Date

ROBKIN52

Why are you changing the payment due date? The way your notice reads it appears the payment due date will be 3 days earlier EACH month from September on, is this a true assessment? SO in September the due date will be the 20th vs the 23rd, in October it will be the 17th vs the 20th, November the 14th; is this correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Change of Due Date

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

No, if your current due date is the 23rd of the month, your future due dates would now be the 20th of the month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

No, if your current due date is the 23rd of the month, your future due dates would now be the 20th of the month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is definitely important to know ROBKIN52. As rcschnoor mentioned, your due dates will not change month over month. We are standardizing the number of days to pay your bill. Moving forward, your due date will be 3-days earlier than it is today.  

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Changing it can and will mess up with customers' budgets. I liked where my due date was. It was exactly five days before the billing cycle ended which I thought was good "standard" to have and it was also on the same date as when I opened my current account. Not a happy camper here. Smiley Sad

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ROBKIN52

I agree. I'm on a fixed income and this just moved my due date further from my pay day.

ROBKIN52

Can I request a new due date? One closer to my payday? I'm on a fixed income and only get paid once per month.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

You don't request a "due date", you request a "billing date". To get the same "due date"  as you currently have once that "due date" is moved 3 days earlier, request a "billing date" of 3 days later than you currently have. You have to stop by a Verizon corporate store or call CS to do so. Or you can wait until a CS agent responds here and go thru the hassle of private messages. Keep in mind, it can take days or weeks for a CS agent to respond here or you can call in and get this taken care of today.

T0440JS

Then I want to see a prorated bill then for September, changing my due date to 3 days earlier from the previous month only gives me 27 of service between the 2 payments there for I should not be charged for a full months of service.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ann154, I understand where you are coming from. Please allow me to clarify. The bill due date can be any day of the month, but the billing cycle date will always be 5 days later. So far, this change only affects customers who have billing cycles between the 24th and the 1st. We never make changes without proper notice and we openly welcome feedback and offer billing support on most platforms.

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ROBKIN52

I understand your need to keep your bill due date around a specific date in order to better budget your monthly bills. As @rcschnoor suggested, if your new bill due date is not convenient for you, we can change your bill cycle date to hopefully allow your due date to fall on a better date in the month for you. If this is the case for you, please let us know so that we can reach out to you in a Direct Message.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!