Cash Only Status, Can This be Lifted?

I started my account in August and when I was talking to a representative on the phone about how to make my payments, I asked if a savings account was appropriate to make payments.  This is how I paid my service with my previous cell provider.  She told me she wasn't sure but to try it and if it doesn't work, try a different account.  I went ahead and attempted the payment with my savings account.

A couple days after the payment date, I realized that the payment wasn’t going to go through so I waited until I got notification from Verizon Wireless stating that the payment was rejected and posted the payment using my checking account with my other bank.

Now I am unable to pay by check which unfortunately is the only method I can use at this time. I have contacted financial services who said they can put in a request to have it lifted but it is still locked. Has anyone experienced this before and was able to get the hold lifted prior to the 6 month waiting period?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cash Only Status, Can This be Lifted?

Ann154
Expert

If you are in cash status, couldn't you get the cash out of your account and pay in cash at a corporate store? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

That could be an option however my credit union is in a different state than I am currently located.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

alphonsefedime, we are terribly sorry to hear about the experience you have encountered with setting up your account’s AutoPay. Reaching out to our Financial Services team was the proper step to take as this department is able to submit a ticket to request to remove the “Cash Only" status on your account. We recommend that you continue to work with our Financial Services team to review the status of your request.

Financial Services

866-266-1445

Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 12:00AM ET

Sat 8:00AM - 8:00PM ET

Sunday Closed

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ann154, sorry that this occurred, I know it is a hassle to not be able to make your payments via bank account. You are able to make a payment with cash at your local Verizon Corporate store. If you need the location of one, please provide the ZIP Code for your area. LisaL_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ann154, our apologies for the confusion on our end. Thank you for participating in the thread and helping other community members.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes