Carryover data

dubois6434

Why is there a policy that takes away carryover data, THAT I PAID FOR, if I do not use my data plan 100%?

Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Carryover data

Ann154
Expert

The policy for carryover data since it was implemented as allowed the customer to carryover the data for ONE billing cycle before expiring. This is the same policy as the rollover data feature at AT&T. 

If you don't agree with it, you can change your plan to one of the unlimited plans or to another carrier that allows you to carryover the data for longer periods. T-Mobile did allow carryover data to remain on the line for six months I believe, but I don't know if their current plans for new customers have that option. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

dubois6434

I fully understand the policy.  As far as other carriers, I would hope that Verizon would want to offer better features than their competiton.  The 'use it or loose it' policy saves Verizon money trying to get customers to upgrade to a higher cost plan, but the consumer who paid for the data, looses out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

This is a case of be careful what you ask for. For years, customers are this forum and elsewhere were asking for rollover data or complaining about the lack of rollover data. Verizon Wireless finally adds the option and the complaints changed to why is the rollover data only for one month or why can't the rollover data be used first. Whether you agree or disagree with the policy, someone will always complain.

I may or may not agree with the policy, but I understand why they wrote it the way they did. It allows the customer to carryover their data, but it also prevents those same customers from abusing it. 

Personally in the end, the policy never affected me as I kept hold of my older plan until a plan that was announced that suited my budget better and I didn't have to worry about any data limits. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am a consumer myself so I understand that having carryover data rollover month over month can be a benefit. I would love to help. If you are having excessive carryover data then we may need to reevaluate your plan and see if we can save you some money. We do appreciate your feedback and we will take it into consideration. You can view the FAQs regarding carryover (#3) data here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/carryover-data-faqs/  I would love to review your account and see how I can help. I have sent you a private note. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes