Highlighted

Cancelling service\line online

Why are you to afraid to allow people to cancel online?  Custumerservice has been no help for a long time in resolving issues and as time goes on the service gets worse.  So if people cancel you are still going to charge them and outragous fee for it, whether you are talking to them or they do it online.  My latest problem is that my data transport is disconnected when there is still data available. This is what has really pushed me over the edge to want to terminate my account.  Have been paying for a line that I have not had for almost two years now because no one seems to want to terminate it for me when  I call, thats if I get someone I can understand.

Highlighted

Re: Cancelling service\line online

Sounds like classic Verizonwireless customer service.  One word: lousy.

Highlighted

Wow, I have had the absolute opposite experience each and every time I have called in. I just canceled a line just a few minutes ago, I did it through the chat. The rep was very nice, didn't even take that long. I know that some older plans had 2-year contracts that have penalties for canceling, but todays plans dont include any contracts. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

They need to verify who you are. Anyone could hack into an account and cancel someone else's lines. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

then they should at least let you do it in store.  and yes iy was a "coporate store".  "ohh we're are so sorry we cant help with that"  is all you can get. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

@whocares9999 wrote:

then they should at least let you do it in store.  and yes iy was a "coporate store".  "ohh we're are so sorry we cant help with that"  is all you can get. 

They used to let you cancel at a corporate store, but they changed the policy sometime in the past year. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yep I’m going to cancel thanks for the heads up. Verizon thinks they have people bent over a barrel having to pay exhorbitant fees with zero customer service. I pay over 300 a month to get treated horribly when I’m trying to pay a bill. Awful company